DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   new ex1 firmware out (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/128059-new-ex1-firmware-out.html)

Phil Bloom August 15th, 2008 04:49 AM

new ex1 firmware out

not as expected user upgradable.

Looks like they have changed their minds on that one.

free with silver support in eu

The new features of the firmware are :

- Support for SBP-32 32Gb SxS PRO Cards
- Support for PHU-60K 60Gb HDD Unit
- 24PsF Output in EE mode
- Chinese Language Support
- Menu Enhancements (i.e. more shutter speeds)

Steve Shovlar August 15th, 2008 06:09 AM

How do we go about getting his update done?

Thanks
Steve

Phil Bloom August 15th, 2008 07:09 AM

contact prime silver support the usual way if there was fault. tell them you want to update the firmware.

Paul Kellett August 15th, 2008 07:20 AM

Not as expected user upgradeable ?
As in
Not user upgradeable, as expected/hoped for
Or
Not as expected/rumoured lately, it WILL be user upgradeable ?
And will prime support tell us to send it in or will they point us to somewhere we can download and install ourselves ?

Paul.

Barry J. Anwender August 15th, 2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Bloom (Post 920680)
not as expected user upgradable.

free with silver support in eu

Well at least Sony Europe is being reasonable about covering it under warranty, unlike Sony Canada which is asking for even more money for a simple firmware upgrade. The Canadian EX1 is $2500 more than the US price. What a way to do business in global market???

John Woo August 15th, 2008 10:00 AM

what is the version of the new firmware?

Paul Cronin August 15th, 2008 10:39 AM

Interesting I sent my camera in for service and the firmware upgrade was included. Just received the camera back yesterday.

John Gilmore August 15th, 2008 11:39 AM

Anyone know the charge if you don't have support?

Leonard Levy August 15th, 2008 11:46 AM

What are the new shutter speeds? Have they closed the gap in the slow shutter speeds?

Dean Sensui August 15th, 2008 01:57 PM

Thanks for the note, Phil.

The pre-record cache hasn't been implemented yet. I wonder if it ever will, or if that's even possible?

Phil Bloom August 15th, 2008 02:26 PM

Version 1.11

It is factory upgradable only. Whether they change their mind in the future we can but hope.

Mine came back from repair FINALLY after 2 months lost in system etc yesterday. If it came back today it would have the new firmware in, unfortunately it doesn't so it will be going back for it!!

Tom Roper August 15th, 2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

- Menu Enhancements (i.e. more shutter speeds)
Makes as much sense as buying a clock and making you send it back for the numbers.

John Hewat August 16th, 2008 05:14 AM

I don't really understand firmware... but I know that mine is not the most up-to-date, even before this new release.

If the new version is 1.1, does it include updates from all previous firmware versions?

John Woo August 16th, 2008 08:52 AM

I think 1 way to get free upgrade is to call Sony that we have bought the 32GB card or HDD recorder only to find that it is un-useable and demand Sony to do a firmware upgrade for free!

Brent Ethington August 23rd, 2008 01:40 PM

I just received my EX1 back from Sony San Jose yesterday. (among other things) I asked them to put on the latest firmware and it came back with 1.05...