What will Sony do with camera sent in upgrade? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 10th, 2008, 07:25 PM   #16
Regular Crew

call Sony and talk to the tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Hurley View Post
Hello Phil

I,m glad you sort of got your camera in order. I sent my camera to NJ almost 4 WEEKS ago. Typical EX-1 issues needed to be addressed. Firmware update. Back focus correction. Side and back panel replacement, as paint magically disappeared. Battery drain issue addressed.

From what i have heard, you are not the first to experience, when the back panel is reinstalled, a audio issue. Meaning access or alignment of the audio controls not operating properly. I do understand sony has crammed a lot of hardware into this camera, so once the camera's body is opened up, it can be difficult to reassemble properly.

I wonder why it has taken Sony NJ service to turn around warranty work on the EX-1 within a 3-4 week time frame? Parts? Who knows! I hope i do not run into any issues when i get mine back ( Supposedly this week ). I have a major shoot coming up early next week. YIKES.
You may want to call and check on your camera and let them know your concerns. Tell them to double check the audio switches and audio systems are functioning properly before returning the camera to you.

Phil
Phil Hanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 08:09 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Hanna View Post
Sorry, I have not followed this link like I should have. The question was if I got the camera back yet. Yes and no. I got the camera back from Sony and the battery issue and a few other items were repaired/replaced. Unfortunately, there was an audio problem that was created with the selector switches during a change out of the back cover (stencil issue).
I called Sony that day and got immediate, first-class service. The issue was Sony's and they overnighted the camera back to New Jersey and gave it top priority. I just got off the phone and the camera was shipped out yesterday and I will have it Monday. I think it is important to let you all know that Sony does care about its customers and certainly proved that in my case.

Phil
Wow, Phil. I can't believe that they STILL can't do this service properly. They did the same darn thing to mine when they replaced the back plate.....jammed the audio selector switch rendering it useless. Had to do the same overnight return shipment. This was done by the San Jose repair facility.
Dave Morrison is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds