EX1 Airing Nationally at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 10th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #1
Major Player

EX1 Airing Nationally

Hey everybody.

I just wanted everyone to know I heard (unconfirmed) that the EX1 was used during the Beijing Olympics this year for some behind the scenes segments.

If you'd like to see what the EX1 looks like over the air check out NBC this Sunday between 7 and 8pm eastern time. I was the second camera for a segment involving a 7-11 store. I can't really say much more then that but I was the camera for the straight on shot at the segment start and male talent holding the microphone towards the end.

Everything was shot in HQ 1080/60i mode. The other camera used for the segment was a Sony V1U.

Sorry, I can't post the footage here.
Adam Reuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2008, 12:24 PM   #2
Major Player

FWIW some b-roll I shot with the EX-1 aired last Sunday on Fox Sports. Brian Sipe coaching high school kids. Seemed to integrate well with the other footage.
Ronn Kilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 11:52 AM   #3
Major Player

Actually CCTV, the Chinese state broadcaster, got 30 EX-1's from the Sony pro dealer I use in Beijing to do just as you said. I was at the games shooting stills and saw EX-1's from time to time, although they were mostly doing interviews with Chinese athletes and spectators. Not sure if they used them for the international broadcasts.

Dan
Dan Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 04:10 PM   #4
Major Player

Very cool guys.

Ronn,

Did you shoot in the 720/60p mode of the EX1?
Adam Reuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 09:57 AM   #5
Major Player

Hey Adam - 1080/30p
Ronn Kilby is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds