DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   How to see both zebra 1 AND 2? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/130700-how-see-both-zebra-1-2-a.html)

Jimmy Alenius September 12th, 2008 01:56 PM

How to see both zebra 1 AND 2?

Hi! Seems that I can't see zebra 2, just 1. And it's only possible to change the value for zebra 1. I just can't figure out how to see both 1 and 2.

Regards / Jimmy

Greg Boston September 12th, 2008 02:13 PM

True, Zebra 1 is adjustable and Zebra 2 is fixed at 100. Zebra 1 will be a striped pattern. Zebra 2 on my F350 is a dot pattern and is harder to see.

-gb-

Adam Reuter September 12th, 2008 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Alenius (Post 933932)
Hi! Seems that I can't see zebra 2, just 1. And it's only possible to change the value for zebra 1. I just can't figure out how to see both 1 and 2.

Regards / Jimmy

As Greg said, Zebra 1 can be changed but Zebra 2 is ALWAYS at 100IRE. The Zebra 2 stripes are thicker and are slanted the opposite way that Zebra 1's are.

See page 41 of the EX1 manual for a more detailed explanation and visual of the zebra-patterns.

Paul Kellett September 13th, 2008 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Alenius (Post 933932)

Regards / Jimmy

Make sure both zebras are selected in the menu.

You can select 1 or 2 or both.

Paul.

Jimmy Alenius September 13th, 2008 02:41 AM

Ok, I didn't got that the second zebra had a looked value. Thanks! But I have selected "both" in the zebra meny and still can't see thicker pattern for 100 and over. I point the camera right in to a light source and still can't see zebra 2 even when using the smalles f-stop. Is the filming on the sun the only thing that push the camera over 100?

;)

Regards / Jimmy

Greg Chisholm September 13th, 2008 08:52 AM

check this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Alenius (Post 934163)
Ok, I didn't got that the second zebra had a looked value. Thanks! But I have selected "both" in the zebra meny and still can't see thicker pattern for 100 and over. I point the camera right in to a light source and still can't see zebra 2 even when using the smalles f-stop. Is the filming on the sun the only thing that push the camera over 100?

;)

Regards / Jimmy

If both zebras are selected in the menu, and the iris is open while pointing at a bright light... toggle the external zebra button on the camera and that should do it. The placement of this button on the ex1/3 are located in different places if i remember correctly.

Greg

Greg Boston September 13th, 2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Alenius (Post 934163)

Make sure you aren't in an auto exposure mode which will alter the iris and/or shutter to keep exposure down below 100.

-gb-

Dave Morrison September 13th, 2008 11:57 AM

Also, make sure that you aren't using a Picture Profile that rolls off the highlights too much.