Photo Montages in HD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 1st, 2008, 08:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Photo Montages in HD

What do I do differently in producing a photo montage to play in my HD timeline. Clients give me hard copies of photos, or send digital files. The hard copies I just scanned, and the digital files, I threw them in the timeline.

I forsee an issue if I followed that work flow in my HD world. Any recommendations in what do I scan these images, or what do I tell clients who scan. Final output will be an SD DVD.
However, I will be producing some Blu-Ray DVDs this year. I don't know what I don't know, and would appreciate some advice. Thanks, John.
L.J. Morelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2008, 09:19 PM   #2
Major Player

If you are going to zoom and pan, then scan them at about 800dpi, if not you could get away with about 400 dpi or so, don't know what NLE you are using but if you use Photoshop to make a still then they will need to be 1920X1080 if that is your project resolution. It is not any different than doing a montage for SD, except that instead of 720X480, now you have to have image that will fit 1920X1080.
Old October 2nd, 2008, 06:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Make sure the photos are absolutely perfect. Any tiny spec of dust will be magnified. Also, matte photos don't scan nearly as well as gloss for a hi def production. I was amazed the first time I put some pics in a hi def timeline.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media
Mick Haensler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds