DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   QuVis Wraptor for conversion to digital cinema package (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/135360-quvis-wraptor-conversion-digital-cinema-package.html)

Heinrich Dahms October 7th, 2008 12:35 AM

QuVis Wraptor for conversion to digital cinema package

Hi All,
Wondering if anyone here has used QuVis Wraptor software to create a Digita; Cinema Package. I have to prepare my feature film shot on my EX1 for theatrical and need to make a DCP. I shot at 25fps, but need to convert to 24fps to create the package. I edited on FC studio2. Can the 25fps -> 24fps conversion be made in FCP? Any other tips on using Waptor?
thx
heinrich dahms
Heinrich Dahms

Shawn Houck October 9th, 2008 03:52 PM

Using Wraptor

Don't know if this will completely answer your question, but I purchased Wraptor several weeks ago and we were able to successfully create a short DCP and upload it to a Dolby Digital Cinema server. We were able to get everything to work out of FC2, so you shouldn't have any problems with that...you're able to set the frame rate in Compressor, just as you would with any other file. I wish I could give you more info, but at this point, we're still testing the Wraptor product ourselves. So far, so good!

Robert Sanders October 15th, 2008 12:47 AM

I need to buy this plugin soon for a premiere in a 2k cinema. My only concern is not being able to play it back or proof it in any way. I'd hate to get to the theater and find out there was a major problem, or dropped frames, or the gamma is out of whack from the XYZ conversion.

Does anyone know any way of viewing these MXF files?

Paul Curtis October 15th, 2008 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heinrich Dahms (Post 947785)
Hi All,
Wondering if anyone here has used QuVis Wraptor software to create a Digita; Cinema Package. I have to prepare my feature film shot on my EX1 for theatrical and need to make a DCP. I shot at 25fps, but need to convert to 24fps to create the package. I edited on FC studio2. Can the 25fps -> 24fps conversion be made in FCP? Any other tips on using Waptor?
thx
heinrich dahms
Heinrich Dahms

Sometimes 25fps is just played back at 24fps with some treated audio. And vice versa (i.e. 24fps source is played back at 25fps and the audio slowed down a touch).

How were you intending to do the conversion?

cheers
paul

David Margolis November 18th, 2009 10:10 AM

DCP Mastering

Just to let you know we offer a DCP Mastering service aimed at independent film makers. To encode a short film will normally cost a lot less than buying Wraptor. So please check us out...

Express DCP - About Us

Adam Stanislav November 18th, 2009 12:01 PM

David, for the record, the links on your DCP Creation Process pages do not work. The "next" link on each page just points to the current page, not the next page. Quite frankly, something like that makes me wonder about what else is wrong in your DCP creation process. So you should probably fix it.

David Margolis January 1st, 2010 01:54 PM

Fixed

Hi. Sorry Adam. Just to say the links are all working. You caught us at a bad time. Our website has been going through a transition as we are introducing a new online quote system. It's all fixed now :)

ExpressDCP Ltd - About Us