QuVis Wraptor for conversion to digital cinema package at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old October 7th, 2008, 12:35 AM   #1
New Boot

QuVis Wraptor for conversion to digital cinema package

Hi All,
Wondering if anyone here has used QuVis Wraptor software to create a Digita; Cinema Package. I have to prepare my feature film shot on my EX1 for theatrical and need to make a DCP. I shot at 25fps, but need to convert to 24fps to create the package. I edited on FC studio2. Can the 25fps -> 24fps conversion be made in FCP? Any other tips on using Waptor?
thx
heinrich dahms
Heinrich Dahms
Heinrich Dahms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #2
Tourist

Using Wraptor

Don't know if this will completely answer your question, but I purchased Wraptor several weeks ago and we were able to successfully create a short DCP and upload it to a Dolby Digital Cinema server. We were able to get everything to work out of FC2, so you shouldn't have any problems with that...you're able to set the frame rate in Compressor, just as you would with any other file. I wish I could give you more info, but at this point, we're still testing the Wraptor product ourselves. So far, so good!
Shawn Houck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 12:47 AM   #3
Starway Pictures

I need to buy this plugin soon for a premiere in a 2k cinema. My only concern is not being able to play it back or proof it in any way. I'd hate to get to the theater and find out there was a major problem, or dropped frames, or the gamma is out of whack from the XYZ conversion.

Does anyone know any way of viewing these MXF files?
Robert Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2008, 03:01 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrich Dahms View Post
Hi All,
Wondering if anyone here has used QuVis Wraptor software to create a Digita; Cinema Package. I have to prepare my feature film shot on my EX1 for theatrical and need to make a DCP. I shot at 25fps, but need to convert to 24fps to create the package. I edited on FC studio2. Can the 25fps -> 24fps conversion be made in FCP? Any other tips on using Waptor?
thx
heinrich dahms
Heinrich Dahms
Sometimes 25fps is just played back at 24fps with some treated audio. And vice versa (i.e. 24fps source is played back at 25fps and the audio slowed down a touch).

How were you intending to do the conversion?

cheers
paul
Paul Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 10:10 AM   #5
Tourist

DCP Mastering

Just to let you know we offer a DCP Mastering service aimed at independent film makers. To encode a short film will normally cost a lot less than buying Wraptor. So please check us out...

Express DCP - About Us
David Margolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #6
Trustee

David, for the record, the links on your DCP Creation Process pages do not work. The "next" link on each page just points to the current page, not the next page. Quite frankly, something like that makes me wonder about what else is wrong in your DCP creation process. So you should probably fix it.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:54 PM   #7
Tourist

Fixed

Hi. Sorry Adam. Just to say the links are all working. You caught us at a bad time. Our website has been going through a transition as we are introducing a new online quote system. It's all fixed now :)

ExpressDCP Ltd - About Us
David Margolis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds