Progressive EX3 capture via LHe HD-SDI in FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 3rd, 2008, 07:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Progressive EX3 capture via LHe HD-SDI in FCP

Can't seem to get the right capture settings for my AJA Kona LHe and Sony EX3 to capture 10bit 4:2:2 progressive for keying. A disapointing call to AJA revealed 1080p 4:2:2 24/30p capture was only available on the Kona 3. NOT ON THE WEBSITE! Apparently 4:4:4 on the Kona 3 is not the only advantage. I have not been able to get the AJA 720p to work with the default settings in FCP.
Old November 4th, 2008, 08:53 AM   #2
Major Player

Sorry but 1080p 24 is supported on the LHe as is 4:2:2 HD SDI with 10-bit quantization.

The card conforms to SMPTE-259/292/296 for the HD SDI input which includes this. It is also specified in the technical specs in the Kona brochure (website download). I suggest you recontact AJA support.

George/
George Kroonder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds