Rebate for European buyers? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 13th, 2008, 07:26 AM   #1
Major Player

Rebate for European buyers?

I'm in the market for the EX1 and noticed that the rebate-deals I was able to find are valid only in the US.
Do any of you European users know of a similar deal for us?

Jeroen
Jeroen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 05:08 AM   #2
New Boot

When the EX1 was first introduced in Europe (and especially the Netherlands for you) it came with a second 8gb SxS card. I'm not sure of any such deals at the moment, but you could try to contact Fofic in amsterdam, they'll be able to tell you about any deals.
Old November 14th, 2008, 06:03 AM   #3
Inner Circle

A shop in London still gives you 2 SxS 8GB cards, and a 2 year Prime support (but most in Europe do that).
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 11:01 AM   #4
Major Player

Format C: Communications in Merksem (Antwerp), also has some EX1 promo packages that are priced very good. Take a look at their website. When looking around for a new XDCAM HD camera, I also looked for the fun at Fofic and VOCAS in the Netherlands, and BPM in Germany. Format C: had over the whole line the best prices. I am client in Merksem for 10 years this year, and buy nowhere else.
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #5
Major Player

Format C in Belgium does seem to have the best net prices/deals (apparently until tomorrow!). Don't know what it means for a Dutch buyer: do I get the BTW (VAT) back here in the Netherlands? Do I have to pay the 21% Belgium tax + formally also the 19% Dutch tax when importing the camera?

Obviously that would make the whole deal way more expensive than just buying in Holland. For me to make it interesting I would have to pay only one type of VAT (either Belgian or Dutch) and be able to get it back thru my BTW-aangifte. (VAT-declaration)

Do you guys know how this works?

Jeroen

PS

Interestingly: rebates from Sony US always go through Sony and here through the dealer. I was wondering if there were any rebate programs running from Sony Europe.
Old November 14th, 2008, 05:29 PM   #6
Trustee

Jeroen,

Order from Format C and have it delivered in Amsterdam. They must send you an invoice without VAT/BTW (which they are legally allowed to do within the EEC) and in the Netherlands you declare the purchase on your BTW aangifte. That's all. It Format C does not want to send an invoice without VAT they make life a bit more difficult for you. You then have to pay Belgium VAT, and request the tax authorities for a refund. You may need a "Verklaring Onderworpenheid BTW" from the Dutch tax authorities to get that refund from Belgium.

Contact me by PM for further explanations/options.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #7
Inner Circle

I still like the price from proav.co.uk the most.
It's 4000 pounds, so at around 4700 euro's excluding VAT for the camera with 2x 8GB cards and Prime Support. We ordered at that store, very fast communication, very friendly.
Shipped to Belgium, arrived next day.
Old November 17th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #8
Major Player

Thanks, guys. Looks like Fofic is giving me the best deal. And it's not too far from where I live. Before I close the deal I just want to make sure I get the latest firmware...

It's good to know though that buying across the border is a workable alternative.

Jeroen
Old November 18th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #9
Major Player

It is a bit off topic, but buying within the European Union is particularly easy. Not that doing business with other countries is difficult, but you may have to deal with customs issues. Not so when dealing within the EU.

Like Harm said, you can order with VAT Tax (BTW for us Dutch) deferred. You do need a valid TAX ID for that. Check if your ID is valid on the official VAT Information Exchange System (VIES): EUROPA site - Validation (this is something you should do when accepting orders from other EU states as well).

That said, doing business locally is really the best way in most cases especially as you have easy access to support should you need it.

George/
George Kroonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 04:28 AM   #10
Major Player

Useful information, George. Thanks for sharing.

Jeroen
Old November 21st, 2008, 07:45 AM   #11
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathieu Ghekiere View Post
I still like the price from proav.co.uk the most.
It's 4000 pounds, so at around 4700 euro's excluding VAT for the camera with 2x 8GB cards and Prime Support.
Their price as of today is 3895 € ex VAT inclusive prime support.

However 3895 pounds is not short of 4700*€ but 5586 € to be precise. As good deal?

I get the camera here in Germany for 5000 € ex VAT that is almost 12 % less.
Peter Kraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 08:22 AM   #12
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Kraft View Post
Their price as of today is 3895 € ex VAT inclusive prime support.

However 3895 pounds is not short of 4700*€ but 5586 € to be precise. As good deal?

I get the camera here in Germany for 5000 € ex VAT that is almost 12 % less.
I don't know, I have a converter here that says that 3900 pounds is about 4600 euro's. I don't know who is wrong, I'm happy to believe your guess is better then mine.

Anyhow, if it's true, maybe you still can check if you in Germany also get the 2 8GB cards and/or the Prime Support.
Old November 21st, 2008, 08:50 AM   #13
Major Player

Matthieu,
my internet based curreny converter tells me that
100 GBP equal 143,70 Euros and 100 Euros equal 69,70 GBP.

I have one offer for the EX 1 for 5000 € ex Vat and
1 offer for 5150 € ex VAT, both inclusive of 2 years Silver Support and 1 SxS 8GB card.
the lower offer is from Wellen-noethen,de (Cologne) and the higher one from videocation (Munich).

I also had an offer for an EX1 for 5499 € incl. 19% VAT via ebay.de from a seller
with very high reputation.

Hope this helps. P.
Peter Kraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 09:09 AM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Kraft View Post
Matthieu,
my internet based curreny converter tells me that
100 GBP equal 143,70 Euros and 100 Euros equal 69,70 GBP.

I have one offer for the EX 1 for 5000 € ex Vat and
1 offer for 5150 € ex VAT, both inclusive of 2 years Silver Support and 1 SxS 8GB card.
the lower offer is from Wellen-noethen,de (Cologne) and the higher one from videocation (Munich).

I also had an offer for an EX1 for 5499 € incl. 19% VAT via ebay.de from a seller
with very high reputation.

Hope this helps. P.
3,895.00 GBP=4,633.27 EUR according to this online currency converter:

[url=http://www.xe.com[/url]
Old November 21st, 2008, 09:31 AM   #15
Major Player

Mathieu, went to the ECB web site and what shall I say?

My currency converter obviously is absolutely wrong. I have no idea why that is so.
His exchange rate would be even not exceptable for a street counter somewhere in
.... fill in as you like.
Excuse moi- absolument desole. P.
Peter Kraft is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds