DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   1.6X Telephoto From Century (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/138360-1-6x-telephoto-century.html)

Lathe Poland November 24th, 2008 11:36 AM

1.6X Telephoto From Century

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have any images they can post from the 1.6X Telephoto From Century?

I know there were some "issues" early on with both the wide and telephoto lenses, but I have heard those have been worked out. I would love to add a telephoto to my EX1 arsenal...but I would like to see some with and without images.

UPDATE:

I called century and this is what they said:
"The test footage should show up in the next few days. It will be under a new tab called "sample" on the product page. Definitely on there by the 1st of December. I think my web guy is on vacation right now.

Lathe Poland November 27th, 2008 04:05 PM

1.6x Telephoto

I'm surprised their are no 1.6x users here.

Arthur Hancock November 28th, 2008 06:27 AM

Hi Lathe,

I have the Schneider 1.6 tele and like it a lot. I can't do you a screen grab right now but I can tell you that the lens produces a very clear picture--with only the tiniest bit of softening which I find perfectly acceptable (and I'm a fanatic for sharp images). I do a lot of nature shooting and the 1.6 gets me in close when I need to be (I only wish it was 2X!). The lens is a little tricky to clean. Easy to mount and remove. A good company like B&H will let you return it if it doesn't meet your needs.

Good luck,

Arthur

Ryan Avery December 3rd, 2008 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathe Poland (Post 968293)
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have any images they can post from the 1.6X Telephoto From Century?

I know there were some "issues" early on with both the wide and telephoto lenses, but I have heard those have been worked out. I would love to add a telephoto to my EX1 arsenal...but I would like to see some with and without images.

UPDATE:

I called century and this is what they said:
"The test footage should show up in the next few days. It will be under a new tab called "sample" on the product page. Definitely on there by the 1st of December. I think my web guy is on vacation right now.

I shot the samples for the website but I did it in the wrong file format! I will have to reshoot next week unless someone in southern california has final cut pro and can read the other files.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics

Lathe Poland December 4th, 2008 02:45 PM

Wrong Format?

Ryan,

Not sure what you mean by wrong format, but I'm a FCP user...I'd love to see these examples.

Ryan Avery December 8th, 2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lathe Poland (Post 972993)
Ryan,

Not sure what you mean by wrong format, but I'm a FCP user...I'd love to see these examples.

We have an older version of Final Cut. I guess that the EX1 requires certain versions of FCP to read some quality levels. As you can see, I am only an optics and imaging guy, I am not familiar with all the trappings of HDV video.

Ryan Avery
Schneider Optics

Lathe Poland January 4th, 2009 10:43 PM

So?

What's the latest?