DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Lens mount ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/139359-lens-mount.html)

Robert Bale December 10th, 2008 05:59 PM

Lens mount ?

Hello i have been given one of these lenses, Canon B4 mount J13x9B4, what do i need to mount it to my Sony EX3. The lens adaptor that came with the EX3 is to big, so is there something else i can get to add on to the sony adaptor so i can mount the lens.

rob.

Noah Kadner December 10th, 2008 06:01 PM

I think there's a B4 adaptor out there.

Fujinon 2/3" lens adapter for EX-3 Camcorder ACM-21 hire | VMI High Definition and Broadcast

Noah

Robert Bale December 10th, 2008 06:13 PM

Ok i found this, but there has to be a no name brand out there some where?

Sony | LO-32BMT 2/3" to 1/2" Lens Mount | LO32BMT

Bob Willis December 10th, 2008 06:47 PM

I believe the older 2/3" lenses have an external lens control cable that plugs into the pin connector on the camera. I don't have an EX3, but I don't believe it has this connector. It uses a hot shoe inside the lens (near the bayonet connection) for lens control. The larger cameras such as the PDW F350 use both.

You can only use the adapter that Noah referenced to mount 2/3" HD lenses that use this internal hot shoe connection. You can see the gold pins (hot shoe?) on the adapter.

Wish I had a solution for you.

Robert Bale December 10th, 2008 08:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks bob,

i am not worried about the electronics of the camera, just wanting to mount it.

I have (SONY EX3 adaptor and the lens) the lens is to 1/2'' and the adaptor is for 2/3'' so can i get a adaptor to go in-between the to.

Bob Willis December 11th, 2008 02:51 PM

The one you found by Sony will let you attach the lens, but you will not have any auto controls over the lens or record function. No information in the viewfinder about the lens settings.

Steve Phillipps December 11th, 2008 03:07 PM

I wouldn't be too optimistic about how that lens will look on the EX3, not only is it SD but being computed for 2/3" rather than 1/2" will mean it got less resolution, I'd expect it to look pretty mushy compared to the stock EX3 lens.
Steve

Tony Wu December 17th, 2008 12:57 PM

Lens Adaptor

Steve,
I'm intrigued when you say "but being computed for 2/3" rather than 1/2" will mean it got less resolution". I'm using the Fujinon 2/3" adaptor with my 2/3" Canon HD 4.7 lens and found that the image isn't as sharp as the stock EX3 lens.

What's the explanation for this?

t

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Phillipps (Post 976455)
I wouldn't be too optimistic about how that lens will look on the EX3, not only is it SD but being computed for 2/3" rather than 1/2" will mean it got less resolution, I'd expect it to look pretty mushy compared to the stock EX3 lens.
Steve