MxR Expresscard/SDHC replacement for SxS site now open - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 29th, 2009, 10:44 PM   #121
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Herewini View Post
Hi Paul,

We've been working on a solution and have finished the design, and are awaiting the prototype of a multi-card adapter for laptops and desktops. We'll have all the details available as we get closer to launch.

But in the meantime, I'll post some pics tomorrow, (I'll have to take them first, mind you), to show you how we have been fudging a multi-card download right now. I must preface this work around is for Windows users only at the moment, sorry about that Mac users, it's not personal.
Ross, what will be the price for this new multy-card reader?
Mark Krichever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 02:24 PM   #122
Regular Crew

UK MxR seller

Hi Ross,

I think I've seen your product on Prestons website in the UK for £50 each, is this the same as your adapter as it'll probably work out cheaper for me to get it there?..

http://www.videokit.co.uk/cgi-bin/st...i?pid=2654.htm
Gary Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2009, 01:33 PM   #123
Major Player

Looks like the same product.

Just as update, my MxRs just arrived safe and sound both with the 'TESTED OK HQ 35 mb/s' sticker on them.

Cheers Ross
Joe Lawry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:42 AM   #124
Sponsor: eFilms (MxR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kellett View Post
Thanks Ross.
So this multicard reader, i suppose we can plug x amount of cards into it and my the pc will see it as 1 card, so then clip browser can be opened and see the reader with x cards in it as 1 card ?
Am i on the right lines ?
And you must have a rough idea of a price by now ?

Thanks, Paul.

Hi Paul,

Sorry for taking so long to answer, i have been in the process of selecting a new shopping cart... it's not that simple, well not if you want integrated accounting and dispatch. I should have put a post up here, I'll just bet I reinvented the wheel this week.

We're trying a couple of different ideas, and that's the prototypes job to tell us which one works the best.

The idea is to come back to the studio after the shoot, and just plug the cards in and tell the computer to go. Have a coffee/beer/or whatever, but no more sitting in front of the computer waiting for it to download.

Sounds too easy doesn't it?

With regard to price, it's not going to be over the top. We want everyone to have one, so that everyone who has enjoyed a cost saving on the MxR, can now enjoy a time saving on each shoot.

Well, that's the idea anyway.

I'll let you know more as we get closer. It's not months away though.
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #125
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Herewini View Post
Hi Paul,

Sorry for taking so long to answer, i have been in the process of selecting a new shopping cart... it's not that simple,
I don't care what shopping trolley i get as long as the wheels are inline !!
Just joking.

That's ok Ross, i'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
Also are you aware that a UK shop seems to be selling your MXR's ? (Link below)

Express card 1

Cheers, Paul.
Old October 20th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #126
New Boot

i just got my MxR Express Card.and the problem i have with the card is that 2 out of 4 not holdling the sd card(when you push the sd card in it pop out again)so anyway to fix that by myseft ?
Danny Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 12:58 AM   #127
Major Player

I had an adaptor that was "sticky". I was all ready to send it back but inserting and removing a card about 20 times fixed it.
Marcus Durham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2009, 04:16 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Nguyen View Post
i just got my MxR Express Card.and the problem i have with the card is that 2 out of 4 not holdling the sd card(when you push the sd card in it pop out again)so anyway to fix that by myseft ?
Hi Danny,

Please email me at info@e-films.com.au and we will get them replaced for you.

Thanks
Old January 5th, 2011, 03:44 AM   #129
Major Player

I have just ordered a Sony PMW-EX1R and am seriously looking into a PMW-350 for other jobs in the very near future. Is this MxR-adapter already tested in these last generation models, how did it perform and how would it work with the inexpensive Transcend class10 SDHC 32 GB and SDXC 64 GB cards?

Last edited by Gabor Heeres; January 5th, 2011 at 04:19 AM.
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #130

Hi Gabor,

Our MxR and e-LCR adpaters have been tested very thoroughly in the PMW-350 with the Sandisk 64GB SDXC cards. Most users we have talked to with this combination opted to go for the new Sandisk 64GB SDXC card, as they can get so much recording out of it, they can record a whole day on two cards.

The MxR and e-LCR are the only adapters that can record correctly to SDXC.

The Transcend card has also tested fine, but some on this forum were burnt with the Class 6 card, and some fakes, and are reluctant to give Transcend another go.

HTH
Old January 10th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #131
Major Player

Ross, Thank you very much for the answer. Two more questions:

Welcome to Transcend Website - SDXC Class 10 Cards (Ultimate)

So I understand the card above is not advisable to use in the MxR adapter? It might cause troubles in the near future?
-----------------------------------

MxRExpresscard Reader - Videobewerken.nl

MxR Card reader ? 69,-

Where can I buy the last generation MxR adapters in the Netherlands? These two webstores seem to be the only one and are still selling the old version of the adapter, at least the pictures on their website tell so.

Thank you very much for your assistance
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds