DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   SanDisk Video HD™ SDHC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/139538-sandisk-video-hd-sdhc.html)

Jason Davenport December 12th, 2008 09:08 PM

SanDisk Video HD™ SDHC

Just an FYI tried the 8 gig card today in the Kensington, and worked in 1080 HQ! Got it at Radio Shack.

sorry double post...

Lou Kulynych December 12th, 2008 09:32 PM

I know B&H has the Sandisk Video Hd SDHC 16gb cards for $64.95. Plus if you buy two, you get a $70 rebate from Sandisk.

Gints Klimanis December 12th, 2008 09:34 PM

I remember searching the SanDisk site to find that these are Class 4 cards. Samy's Camera sells them for much less. Given that info, I think the Transcend Class 6 SDHC card are a better buy.

Steven Thomas December 12th, 2008 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gints Klimanis (Post 977289)
I remember searching the SanDisk site to find that these are Class 4 cards. Samy's Camera sells them for much less. Given that info, I think the Transcend Class 6 SDHC card are a better buy.

Class 4 and 6 really mean nothing when comparing the "real" datarates from the SanDisk Ultra II 15MB/s or the new Exteme III 30MB/s.

Class 6 means it's offers a minimum datarate on 6MB/s and of course, class 4 is 4MB/s

The Sandisk Ultra II are 15MB/s cards. Well beyond these specs.
In fact, I've tried many class 6 cards in these early tests that were NOT fast enough for this application.
You can download a free utility called Crystal Disk Mark and test the SDHC cards yourself.

Steven S. Miric December 13th, 2008 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou Kulynych (Post 977287)
I know B&H has the Sandisk Video Hd SDHC 16gb cards for $64.95. Plus if you buy two, you get a $70 rebate from Sandisk.

I would be very careful with going for that "rebate". I saw a lot of people burned by various "rebates" by Sandisk and other brands. It's a long story with the sad ending.
If the rebate is not in the store, be prepared that you will never get it in mail. Feels better.

Brian Rhodes December 13th, 2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven S. Miric (Post 977417)
I would be very careful with going for that "rebate". I saw a lot of people burned by various "rebates" by Sandisk and other brands. It's a long story with the sad ending.
If the rebate is not in the store, be prepared that you will never get it in mail. Feels better.

I Have tested these cards stick with the SanDisk Ultra II and the Trandsends.

Gints Klimanis December 13th, 2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Yes, rebates are a pain. I've received two SanDisk rebates and have another in the works.

Adam Reuter December 13th, 2008 04:40 PM

Quote:

Just like with any rebates you need to read ALL directions very carefully. If you make one mistake when mailing out a rebate your rebate will be voided. Companies rely on people not following specific directions so that they don't have to follow through.

I purchased four Extreme III cards for my still camera earlier this year from B&H. I got my rebate Visa cards in about 2 months.

The one thing that really bothered me was how small the boxes were to fill out information (chicken scratch could have been a nickname of mine) but I did the smart thing by converting the PDF into an editable file and typing all my info in ALL CAPS. That method paid off.