SanDisk Video HD™ SDHC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 12th, 2008, 09:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

SanDisk Video HD™ SDHC

Just an FYI tried the 8 gig card today in the Kensington, and worked in 1080 HQ! Got it at Radio Shack.

sorry double post...
Jason Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 09:32 PM   #2
New Boot

I know B&H has the Sandisk Video Hd SDHC 16gb cards for $64.95. Plus if you buy two, you get a $70 rebate from Sandisk.
Lou Kulynych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I remember searching the SanDisk site to find that these are Class 4 cards. Samy's Camera sells them for much less. Given that info, I think the Transcend Class 6 SDHC card are a better buy.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2008, 09:47 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gints Klimanis View Post
I remember searching the SanDisk site to find that these are Class 4 cards. Samy's Camera sells them for much less. Given that info, I think the Transcend Class 6 SDHC card are a better buy.
Class 4 and 6 really mean nothing when comparing the "real" datarates from the SanDisk Ultra II 15MB/s or the new Exteme III 30MB/s.

Class 6 means it's offers a minimum datarate on 6MB/s and of course, class 4 is 4MB/s

The Sandisk Ultra II are 15MB/s cards. Well beyond these specs.
In fact, I've tried many class 6 cards in these early tests that were NOT fast enough for this application.
You can download a free utility called Crystal Disk Mark and test the SDHC cards yourself.
Steven Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 07:45 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Kulynych View Post
I know B&H has the Sandisk Video Hd SDHC 16gb cards for $64.95. Plus if you buy two, you get a $70 rebate from Sandisk.
I would be very careful with going for that "rebate". I saw a lot of people burned by various "rebates" by Sandisk and other brands. It's a long story with the sad ending.
If the rebate is not in the store, be prepared that you will never get it in mail. Feels better.
Steven S. Miric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 09:42 AM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven S. Miric View Post
I would be very careful with going for that "rebate". I saw a lot of people burned by various "rebates" by Sandisk and other brands. It's a long story with the sad ending.
If the rebate is not in the store, be prepared that you will never get it in mail. Feels better.

I Have tested these cards stick with the SanDisk Ultra II and the Trandsends.
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
Yes, rebates are a pain. I've received two SanDisk rebates and have another in the works.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2008, 04:40 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Just like with any rebates you need to read ALL directions very carefully. If you make one mistake when mailing out a rebate your rebate will be voided. Companies rely on people not following specific directions so that they don't have to follow through.

I purchased four Extreme III cards for my still camera earlier this year from B&H. I got my rebate Visa cards in about 2 months.

The one thing that really bothered me was how small the boxes were to fill out information (chicken scratch could have been a nickname of mine) but I did the smart thing by converting the PDF into an editable file and typing all my info in ALL CAPS. That method paid off.
Adam Reuter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds