DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Upcoming Ski/Snowboard Shoot (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/139707-upcoming-ski-snowboard-shoot.html)

Charles Young December 15th, 2008 04:44 PM

Upcoming Ski/Snowboard Shoot

I have had my EX1 for close to a year and have shot all kinds of things. One of the harder scenes were last year shooting in the terrain park. Dealing with fast action and flat light being paramount.

Just wanted to see if others have similar issues.

And what about talent releases? All of my shooting so far was for my own intertainment, that may change during Breckenridge's DewTour this Thursday-Sunday. When will I need a signature on a talent release form?

Thanks
Chuck

Jason Davenport December 15th, 2008 10:47 PM

Are you going to air with this footage??? Who is it for? Who will see it? Are you going to sell this footage for to anyone? Need to know this stuff.

Ian Planchon December 15th, 2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Young (Post 978700)
I have had my EX1 for close to a year and have shot all kinds of things. One of the harder scenes were last year shooting in the terrain park. Dealing with fast action and flat light being paramount.

Just wanted to see if others have similar issues.

And what about talent releases? All of my shooting so far was for my own intertainment, that may change during Breckenridge's DewTour this Thursday-Sunday. When will I need a signature on a talent release form?

Thanks
Chuck

if you want to make money shooting video at the dew tour, you are gonna need permission from breckenridge first off, secondly, NBC most likely has the rights to any thing going on video wise, but if you get the ok from both, you dont need releases, just something signed by NBC and breck saying its ok for you to be shooting video.

Bill Ward December 16th, 2008 11:13 AM

AND: if you get permission from the ski resort and the Dew folks, plus whoever holds the video rights to the event (if any, and if someone does, the chances of getting permission to do something commercial are dim) then you'd likely want to get a video release from anyone you interview. Shooting the action in the halfpipe probably is not as big an issue for releases.

Ian Planchon December 16th, 2008 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward (Post 979121)
then you'd likely want to get a video release from anyone you interview. Shooting the action in the halfpipe probably is not as big an issue for releases.

good point, the action portion is expected to get caught on lots of different cameras. interviews are not. most of the athletes are pretty good about getting money from being in front of a camera (after all, thats where the majority of their money comes from) so they might be a little uptight about giving free interviews away.