DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Case/card holder for multiple SxS cards (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/139921-case-card-holder-multiple-sxs-cards.html)

Chris Leong December 18th, 2008 05:47 PM

Case/card holder for multiple SxS cards

Hi folks
buried somewhere in one of these SxS or SDHC threads is a post that showed a Case Logic or similar zipper case that holds 6 SxS cards.
Can anybody point me to it? Or better yet, has Pelican come out with one of their hard cases that holds Expresscards?

Mitchell Lewis December 18th, 2008 05:59 PM

+1 on the answer to this question.

Andrew Stone December 18th, 2008 06:58 PM

Here is the thread.

Agreed a Pelican hard case would be good similar to the one that holds the SD cards.

Chris Leong December 18th, 2008 07:48 PM

That's the one, Andy, thanks.
Pelican... are you out there, listening in???

Andy Wilkinson December 20th, 2008 03:38 PM

UK Available Case Suggestions?

I've Googled for this Caselogic JDS6 case but can't seem to find one available in the UK.

Anyone over on this side of the pond know a good case? I was wondering if this one in the link below would work? However, the JDS6 linked above looks better, as it can take 6, this one only 4. It's not exactly expensive so I'll probably get one on order and see, but has anyone tried it?

USB Drive Case, Hold 4, Black: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Steve Shovlar December 20th, 2008 03:54 PM

Andy, I have looked high and low for the same case logic card holder. I ended up ordering from the USA. Only place I coould trace it.

Andy Wilkinson December 20th, 2008 03:58 PM

Thanks Steve!

Ross Herewini December 20th, 2008 05:00 PM

Hi Chris,

If you are desperate, I made a bodgey one, to get by with a couple of months ago.

I still use Minidisc's and noticed that the thickness of a MD and Expresscard are about the same.

And I could fit two per MD case with the pins being protected. Put two cases back to back and now four could be held in the same space as previously used by two SxS cases. just needed a rubber band over them to stop them falling out. I put that into either a tiny belt loop bag made for cameras, or just in my pocket.

I could carry 64GB in my pocket, safe in the knowledge I could throw my keys in there too and not damage those precious pins.

Chris Leong December 20th, 2008 05:23 PM

Thanks Ross
I already ordered a couple of the 6ers, and they're on their way.

Andy and Steve - if you can't find any on your side of then pond then I'd be willing to order some for you over here and ship them over to Blighty. I have a few mates who are going back and forth across the pond too.

Drop me an email or a PM as we'll see what we can get sorted for you.

Cheers
Chris

Andy Wilkinson December 21st, 2008 03:12 AM

Chris, thanks for the offer. It's MUCH appreciated (what a great place DVinfo is!) but I've ordered the other one and will see how I get on with that first (when it eventually arrives).

Maybe one day soon I'll need both - the rate I'm acquiring SDHC etc. and you'll get a PM! :-)

Vincent Oliver December 27th, 2008 09:28 AM

Take a look in Boots or other pharmacy for a small make up case, they will do the job and will also fit in your handbag ???

Bruce Rawlings December 27th, 2008 10:03 AM

For UK - Europe users there is a nifty aluminium hinged metal, water resistant box for 8 SDHC cards at 7dayshop.com - Online shopping made easy ! very useful.

Chris Leong December 27th, 2008 11:56 AM

Hi Bruce

For the smaller SDHC cards I find the small Pelican 0910 case is the best. I've been using two of them for my stills camera cards, they're fully waterproof and excellent.

For the ExpressCards and adapters with the SDHCs installed, the Case Logic JDS6 seems to be the best alternative until Pelican comes up with a model for the bigger cards.

Robert C. Fisher December 27th, 2008 03:01 PM

I live in Los Angeles and walked into a Staples Office supply a month ago and saw the Case Logic case and bought it. It works really well and is cheap. The only downside is the spaces the cards fit into is a little tight but what do you want it was only $6.99 US.

Steve Shovlar December 27th, 2008 04:11 PM

I got mine from here.

Case Logic USB JumpDrive Case For 6 Flash Drives new on eBay, also, Cell Phone PDA Accessories, Cell Phones PDAs (end time 25-Jan-09 02:25:05 GMT)