Paypal is a big bully who won't play by any rules of business - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 24th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Years ago they suddenly had frozen my account of my onlineshop.... strange thing is that they did this after I had more than 3000$ on my account there.... I lost all that money and have zero chance to receive it! I still had a lot of luck because this were just download videos where I earned the money with. But I can imagine how hard this must be for a electronic dealer who still have to pay the bills to the wholesaler.
Swen Goebbels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 09:04 AM   #32
Trustee

Yep, I've heard so many similar stories. The only solution is to make sure that you transfer funds at the end of each day. Never let Paypal keep enough to do you damage.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 09:57 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wyndham View Post
The only solution is to make sure that you transfer funds at the end of each day.
The main problem have dealer who sell camcorders via PayPal... Just imagine somebody buy an Ex3 and hours after the transaction your account is closed. So you have to ship the camcorder to your customer but will never see the money for it.

But dealers have no chance. When they don't offer PayPal, people can not understand why, because PayPal is such a "trustable" company.
Swen Goebbels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2008, 04:15 AM   #34
Major Player

If yu do get your money frozen with Paypal, they don't "just keep it". that would be theft. What they do is hold onto it for a 6 month period before returing it to you via your bank or credit card. they hold it for that long to make sure there will be no charge backs from customers.

if you haven't received the money owing you can chase them and go to the police to report a theft.
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2008, 06:45 AM   #35
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shovlar View Post
if you haven't received the money owing you can chase them and go to the police to report a theft.
Sorry but this is not theft in legal terms. Let your lawyer contact des Bundesamt für Bankenaufsicht, PP being a "bank" now in Europe, this would be the first contact.
You can also sue them based on §812 BGB (ungerechtfertigte Bereicherung) u.a.
Banks have to transfer money in due time. Six months exceeds that timeframe by far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swen Goebbels View Post
Just imagine somebody buy an Ex3 and hours after the transaction your account is closed.
Swen, for what reason can they close it? There must be AGBs (general business rules). What do they say to that case?

PS. PP is no trading company. They are a clearing house. Very different.
Peter Kraft is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds