Multi SxS Case at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 15th, 2009, 12:09 AM   #1
Major Player

Neat, Inexpensive SDHC Card Case

For those that find those little SDHC cards a bit like loose change, just thought I'd let people know about the insanely cheap and pretty high quality SD card case made by Radioshack. It holds up to 4 cards with spring loaded-slots and a nice latching cover. The latch and seal on it is tight enough, it could even be waterproof. Definitely dust proof and just a little more mass and volume for those of us that find the MxR + SDHC a boon and need to keep track of those tiny SDHC cards.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about:

Optimus™ SD Memory Card Case - RadioShack.com

$1.99 -can you believe it?

Oh, I also had also purchased a Pelican SD card holder (about $20) previously that holds 8 cards, and it's bulletproof, and waterproof for those that need it, but actually... I prefer the cheap Radioshack ones. A lot less expensive too. The Radio Shack case to the Pelican case is what the SDHC card is to the SxS :)
Keith Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 01:10 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Very cool, I just received 12 16 gig Transcend cards that don't even have the little plastic case, however I did order the Pelican cases. I really want a solution for the extra MxR readers I have, is there any good SxS cases yet/

Michael Palmer
Michael Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
Very cool, I just received 12 16 gig Transcend cards that don't even have the little plastic case, however I did order the Pelican cases. I really want a solution for the extra MxR readers I have, is there any good SxS cases yet/

Michael Palmer
Lowepro - Memory Card Wallet - DMC-Z

I have this, its made for SDHC cards (with one SxS slot) but I cut the seems open on the SDHC slots and now it fits 4 SxS cards.
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 11:41 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Ian
Michael Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2009, 09:58 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Palmer View Post
I really want a solution for the extra MxR readers I have, is there any good SxS cases yet.
If you haven't seen the one posted here, you might want to give it a go. It would be nice to have a hardshell wallet sized case, like the Pelican for the SD cards, but are far as I know this is the best one that's been posted on DVinfo to date.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2009, 04:40 PM   #6
Major Player

Optima case

thanks for the suggestion on the Radio Shack Optima case, I was in there today and remembered - it seems a good choice, and at the price easy to take a chance on it.
A friend gave me one of the Case Logic usb drive cases, and it too works very well.
While I recommend both, my hi-tech addition and suggestion for both cases is a cord attached to a small caribiner that clips to my backpack, belt or camera handle - the cases are dark, the cards expensive, and very easy to lose.
Denis OKeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Case Logic

I've been using the Case Logic Andy refers to. It works fine. The pockets are a little tight at first. And if I'm in a hurry, the card can get hung up on the pocket mesh material when sliding in.
Kevin Cates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2009, 06:54 PM   #8
Major Player

Thanks for the deal Keith. I picked up several of these cases at a Radio Shack store. Great bargain.

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 10:48 AM   #9
Trustee

Multi SxS Case

Not sure if this is OT but does anyone knows of a solution to keep 2 or 3 SxS cards into something like a mini pelican case?
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 01:41 PM   #10
Regular Crew

SxS card case

I bought one of these and it's great. It holds 2 cards and is 12 bucks. The inside is kinda rubbery and holds the cards firmly.
The only nitpick I have is that the locking tabs are a little cheap feeling, although they seem to hold tightly. With super heavy use they might break, but I'm very happy with this.
ExpressCard™ 34 Card Case: inanycase.com - Memory Card Cases - Battery Cases
Dana Kupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2009, 10:37 PM   #11
Major Player

You will probably want to consider the Case Logic one, model: JDC6. Sells for under 10 bucks US. You can get them through Amazon. Apparently Walmart sells them cheap. They hold six cards. Not as robust as a hardshell but a fair number of people use them here and I haven't heard of any issues with cards getting squished.

If you do a search on "Case Logic JDC6" you will pull up a number of threads on the matter.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds