New letus relay with the EX3? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 30th, 2009, 12:02 PM   #16
Trustee

PHOTO!
Philip Bloom Blog Archive The Letus Relays are almost upon us! Updated with picture of EX3 Relay
Old January 30th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Chung View Post
Phil, it looks great. Any idea on price for the EX3 version yet? also have Letus made any provision for a remote control of the EX, Canon or Fujinon variety? without it there is only a proprietary Sony remote socket on the EX-3 right? that would make handheld shooting a little tricky.

Dan
I asked Phil this on the Alternative imaging forum but does anyone else know the answer?
Dan Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 09:32 PM   #18
Trustee

I haven't seen/heard about pricing yet. I don't understand the other questions....sorry. You have to focus and expose using the manual controls on the 35mm lens.
Old January 30th, 2009, 11:58 PM   #19
Major Player

I'm talking about the VTR trigger on the lens, it will be removed if you take off the stock EX lens. You still have the trigger on the camera top plate but its in a pretty awkward postion for hand held stuff. Other HDV cameras normally have LANC or some other method offered to do this which allows a remote with VTR trigger to be attached to a handgrip or whatever, the EX-3 only has a propriatery Sony socket on its back plate which as far as I'm aware the controller is very expensive. Hope that makes thing clear.

The Fujinon 2/3 inch EX adapter has a Fujinon remote socket on its adapter http://www.abelcine.com/store/produc...cat=248&page=1. From there you can trigger from a broadcast zoom demand or controller. I was wondering if the Letus mount had a similar arrangement.

Dan
Old January 31st, 2009, 03:33 AM   #20
Major Player

[QUOTE=Mitchell Lewis;1004235]I haven't seen/heard about pricing yet. QUOTE]

It's $6000 for the Pro and $3500 for the compact. Its been mentioned several times, including Phil Bloom on his blog and by Hein himself.
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 03:41 AM   #21
Major Player

Steve,

But how about the price of the special EX3 version, that's what we're talking about here. Looking at Phil's picture it looks to be a pro with a special adapter but can anyone confirm this?

Dan
Old January 31st, 2009, 08:13 AM   #22
Trustee

[QUOTE=Steve Shovlar;1004324]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell Lewis View Post
I haven't seen/heard about pricing yet. QUOTE]

It's $6000 for the Pro and $3500 for the compact. Its been mentioned several times, including Phil Bloom on his blog and by Hein himself.

Those are prices for the B4 mount versions not the special one (shown in the photo above) for the EX3.

The good news is that I've "heard" that the EX3 version will have an adjustment for three things. 1) Focus 2) Zoom 3) Aperture

I for one am VERY happy to learn I won't have to give up my "master aperture adjustment" by switching to a rely lens. Now let's just hope it doesn't cost more than $3000. (my guess is that it's going to be quite a bit more because it has these three things)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds