Preset White Balance Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 31st, 2009, 11:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Preset White Balance Question

Here is MY dumb question - I can't figure out how to switch back and forth between preset white balance 3200 to (I suppose) 5600. On the Panasonic 100B I would just push the white balance button on the front, and switch it, or on the big cameras flip the filter in. I shoot a lot of docs and don't always have the time to white balance. Is there a quick and easy way to do this? Maybe one of the assignable buttons? (I have been just keeping a daylight white balance as one of my custom A/B settings, but it would be nice to just have a preset.)
I feel like a real doofus, but have been unable to figure this out. TIA!
Dana Kupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 12:16 PM   #2
Inner Circle

This is actually one of the few "doofus" things about the camera. There is only one Preset. You can not assign another White Balance setting the an assign button. You can set up a Picture Profile with a different White Balance preset though.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 01:18 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Considering if you set direct menu to ALL that you can use the joystick to quickly change to any gain setting or any shutter speed/angle the fact that you can still only select either Preset and WB:A and WB:B (or ATW) is a bit lame. You should be able to just dial in the preset you want without having to use the PP's.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds