DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Sony Authorised Dealers in UK? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/143150-sony-authorised-dealers-uk.html)

Gary Barr February 5th, 2009 03:18 PM

Sony Authorised Dealers in UK?

Hi,

Does anyone have a list of these considering the amount of grey products around?

I know of Creative/Mitcorp and Prestons. Any others?

thanks.

Duncan Craig February 5th, 2009 03:59 PM

Jigsaw are proper sellers. My EX1 arrived without the warranty documents, but a call to Sony confirmed they are Authorised, the warranty is now sorted

Jigsaw still have an EX1 in stock without any cards for £4,483.85 inc VAT
A good price I reckon

Gary Nattrass February 5th, 2009 04:00 PM

Have a look at Jigsaw 24, I also use creative and prestons for all my sony kit

Steve Shovlar February 5th, 2009 04:11 PM

Pro active.
Proav.co.uk

Pretty sure they are authorised dealers and often cheaper than the others. I use Prestons the most. Very reliable with good service experienced. Pretty sure thy are all good though.

Gary Barr February 6th, 2009 04:36 AM

brilliant cheers guys. Jigsaw are definitely competitive although that price has already jumped to £4812 incl. - what's going on with Sony prices at the minute?? I got an EX3 a couple of months ago from Prestons and it's already about £1300 more expensive! These EXs must be flying off the shelves and with the weak pound it's actually more expensive in some cases to buy kit from BHphotovideo or others in the US, which is something I've never experienced before.

Mike Marriage February 6th, 2009 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Shovlar (Post 1007216)
Pro active.
Proav.co.uk

I used Proactive for a lot of gear and would recommend them.

Gary Barr February 6th, 2009 04:51 AM

thanks Mike.

Looks like an EX1 from ProAV is £5236 incl which is quite high compared to some others. Just getting a quote emailed from Jigsaw which is the best I've found but they only have a couple left at that price (£4812 incl) so I'd get one today before they jump to a similar price to the other retailers.

Tom Hardwick February 6th, 2009 04:53 AM

It might just be that the competition at the Earls Court Video Forum in a few days could sway the prices in your favour.

Gary Barr February 6th, 2009 05:08 AM

Cheers Tom hope you're doing well. Any sneak previews from the show?

Tom Hardwick February 6th, 2009 05:23 AM

I plan to go to the show for two days Gary. First day to strike a bargain, next day to take the credit card.

Paul Inglis February 6th, 2009 08:32 AM

I use H Preston for all my video equipment.

Alister Chapman February 6th, 2009 01:18 PM

I get my gear from Visual Impact Visual Impact UK Ltd - Broadcast Equipment Sales, Broadcast Used Equipment Sales, Equipment Sales, UK Broadcast Dealers, Broadcast Sales, Broadcast Equipment Hire, Equipment Hire, Broadcast Hire

Steve Phillipps February 6th, 2009 03:16 PM

My dealer is Visual Impact Northern branch, excellent service and good price-matching. They got me a PDW700 in 2 days!
Steve