Chrosziel Mattebox for EX 1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 19th, 2009, 09:20 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Anyone using the Cinetactics Matteblox HD?
It seems very affordable.

cinetactics Sony PMW-EX1 Compatibility

I have their screen hoodie and it is extremely well made.

Kevin Jones
Kevin Wayne Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2009, 12:08 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Top and Side Flags...

Just purchased the MMB-1 but am a bit puzzled here.
Does anyone know if there are there any top or side flags for the Arri MMB-1 available yet, or are there alternative top and side flags you can use with the MMB-1 at this time?

Thanks for your help.
Danny Hidalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2009, 12:23 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Hidalgo View Post
Just purchased the MMB-1 but am a bit puzzled here.
Does anyone know if there are there any top or side flags for the Arri MMB-1 available yet, or are there alternative top and side flags you can use with the MMB-1 at this time?

Thanks for your help.
Check out the previous page - post #6. I contacted Arri and asked them about the lack of an eyebrow and sideflags. They were supposed to be in production and should have been put in the marketplace by now. I checked Abel Cine Tech's website a few days ago and I still do not see any brow or sideflags available. Might want to call them and find out or return it and get a Chrosziel kit which is known to be first rate and you will be able to move it on over to new cameras as you upgrade and with minimal cost for new rings and such.

I believe you can use the brow from the MMB-20, the pro mattebox that ARRI sells for the big boys. It proportionately is large for the MMB-1 but it works and IMO looks just fine. Price is around $100 if my memory serves me correctly.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2009, 12:58 PM   #19
Major Player

For those interested in the MMB-1, I now see the Abel Cine Tech has a flag and wings now listed as available for order. Not sure if they are shipping. Unclear. I would phone first before plopping your money down on the MMB-1.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 06:47 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Bob,
I have a Chrosziel 450-01 - it was originally on my Z1U.
The rails are the Red Rock Micro one (w/their follow focus)
All fits together perfectly

Paul
Paul Dhadialla is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds