start up time pmw ex3 and standby tip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:46 PM   #1
New Boot

start up time pmw ex3 and standby tip

1)6 seconds from power on to record with ex3! is this normal?
2) nobody a tip to not forget to puch the record button? With a fotocamera every puch is a picture but with a camcorder it is standby or record and on my last job a puchet twice so i was in standby and not in record mode. A good solution is a line in the middle of de viewfinder when you are in standby, any tips ?
thanks
Herve Van Craeyveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Trustee

There is a bright light that comes on on the back of the camera when you're recording. But I think everyone has made the mistake of thinking they are recording when they are not. It gets really bad when you then get completely out of sync:

1) Try and push record button but you miss and camera isn't recording (you don't notice)
2) Push the record button again to stop recording, but you're now actually starting your recording.
3) Film a 30+ minute clip of you moving camera to a new location, setting up etc.....

I've done this many times with our old Canon XL-1S (I swear the record button was wearing out and getting flakey), but I've yet to do it with our new EX3.

Yeah, the amount of time the EX3 takes to turn on is a drag. It's even worse if you want to switch from Camera to Media.
- 6 seconds for camera to turn off
- 6 seconds for camera to turn back on in Media mode

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds