ex3 laptop? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 23rd, 2009, 03:01 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Personally I would go for the Macbook Pro - but if I were to get a PC it would be the Lenova W700s. (Pretty sweet, decked out, and ready to rumble.) :D

Oh, and twice the price of a Macbook Pro, if not more...(depending on config.)

One thing I know from experience, is with video - laptop = misery.
(But that was my experience in early 2005 before I 'retired' and moved. Havent been involved in the video/film scene since then...just lurking and keeping up with trends.) :D

Peace

dAlen
Dalen Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 04:00 AM   #17
Major Player

Sony Vaio

Hmmm, you're running Vegas. I have a Sony Vaio that I use for Avid Media Composer and it works very well, although I had to hack the graphics card to get Nvidia GeForce to work since Avid likes Quadro. But probably not an issue for Vegas. Several things about it are pretty good:

Awesome 17" screen at 1920x1200 and it's extremely crisp and bright

That screen is mandatory with the available Blu-ray burner/player which I have, Blu-ray movies look great on the screen and play with the right aspect ratio pixel for pixel

Striped hard drives standard, I have two 200 GB drives striped for a pretty fast 400 GB

Dual processor like other good ones

Decent Nvidia graphics card although as above its a GeForce instead of a Quadro

Full protection with a 3-year Sony service plan even if I damage it, 24/7 phone support with this plan, good techies have helped me like tonight the Vaio fixated on my Dell's Blue Tooth keyboard/mouse and automatically switched from WiFi to Blue Tooth, fixed in one call

When I bought mine with Sony financing I got 0% interest for 18 months with no minimum payment either. Don't know if that's still happening, but could be, I just got a Dell desktop with 0% for 12 months, this has a minimum payment though.

Tip McPartland
Tip McPartland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds