DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Labeling MxR Cards (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/145286-labeling-mxr-cards.html)

Barry J. Weckesser March 6th, 2009 09:49 PM

Labeling MxR Cards

I know this topic has been briefly covered on other parts of this forum but I just wondered what most people are doing as far as labeling and keeping track of the MxR cards - I have six cards each with a Transcend 16GB SDHC. If I use these cards on a project that spans several days is there a problem with labeling them with a "magic marker" on the bare metal part of the MxR card (opposite the side with the MxR label) and then remove it with an alcohol swab (I am in the medical field) when I have fully dowloaded the card and want to reuse it for some other project? I would like to put more info than "1,2,3" but label with dates and subject material - perhaps this is too much of a carryover from tape days.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

John Peterson March 8th, 2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry J. Weckesser (Post 1023688)
I know this topic has been briefly covered on other parts of this forum but I just wondered what most people are doing as far as labeling and keeping track of the MxR cards - I have six cards each with a Transcend 16GB SDHC. If I use these cards on a project that spans several days is there a problem with labeling them with a "magic marker" on the bare metal part of the MxR card (opposite the side with the MxR label) and then remove it with an alcohol swab (I am in the medical field) when I have fully dowloaded the card and want to reuse it for some other project? I would like to put more info than "1,2,3" but label with dates and subject material - perhaps this is too much of a carryover from tape days.

Sounds good to me.

John

Ross Herewini March 8th, 2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry J. Weckesser (Post 1023688)

Hi Barry,

That's a great idea. I'm meeting with the label manufacturer of the MxR-Express card next week, so I will bring up the idea of re-writing, and making the logo a wash.