log and transfer instead of clip browser at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 3rd, 2009, 11:09 AM   #1
Regular Crew

log and transfer instead of clip browser

When I try to import sxs-cards into fcp 6.05/macbookpro 10.5.6 using "log and transfer" (clip browser is not installed) they show up on the desktop but not in the log and transfer window. - why?
Thomas Diehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2009, 06:19 PM   #2
Major Player

1st Principle: If all else fails - read the manual. In this case page 2:

2.1 Finding The Media
Follow these steps to prepare to ingest some clips for the first time:
1. Insert the SxS card in an ExpressCard slot or connect your device with a USB cable.
2. In the Final Cut Pro Browser, choose a logging bin where ingested clips will be stored
in your project.
3. Choose File > Log and Transfer (or press Command-Shift-8).
Any mounted volumes appear in the Browse area of the Log and Transfer window.
4. If necessary, add additional media folders such as created by the XDCAM EX Clip
Browsing Software. Click the Add Folder button in the upper-left corner of the
Browser area, choose the folder, and then click OK.
Barry J. Anwender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2009, 10:33 AM   #3
Trustee

Do complete Step 2 (above) you need to create a new bin (right click an choose Create New Bin) then select the new Bin, right click on it and choose Set Logging Bin.

I know someone who has been editing in FCP for years and didn't know how to set the Logging Bin......so I thought I'd add this detail just in case. :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds