Multiple Monitor Out from EX-3? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 8th, 2009, 01:41 PM   #1
New Boot

Multiple Monitor Out from EX-3?

Is it possible to use multiple outputs from the EX-3 (say, HD-SDI and component) to go to two different monitors simultaneously? Or will only one output at a time work?
Ravi Kiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Trustee

This has been discussed before and the original poster ended up using the composite output and a simple BNC "T" connector. I found this one for $4.08 on the FilmTools website.
Attached Images

Old April 8th, 2009, 04:45 PM   #3
Major Player

You do lose some signal strength though, so quality suffers. Bumping the brightness on your monitors seems to compensate for most of it.

I keep meaning to get one of these to try out, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

1 IN 2 OUT Video Distributor / Splitter split one input to two outputs * suitable for Video Cameras, Switchers, Monitors, VCRs, Quads, Multiplexers, Digital Video Recorders, PC Capture Card DVR systems, etc.
Old April 8th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #4
Trustee

That would be a good solution if you don't mind having to supply power to the unit.
Old April 8th, 2009, 06:34 PM   #5
Major Player

I was thinking of it for my Steadicam, got 12v right there I run the camera off. When I split for monitor and transmitter, the drop in signal is very noticeable.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds