XDCAM EX News from NAB - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 24th, 2009, 11:52 PM   #16

Attendance at NAB was way off from 2008. The economy is hitting everyone, I guess. Any stellar introduction of equipment will appear as a media blitz so, you won't have missed any new announcements. Just stay tuned to this website and anything of consequence will become apparent. Seems like Meryem Ersoz reported anything I found important in another thread. Pretty much of a yawner this year.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 03:03 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Michael: was it that product:

Camcorder Mount Strap-Hoodman Corporation

Or something especially for EX1 ?

Thanks!

Peter
Peter Rixner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 06:22 AM   #18
Major Player

Looking at the specs on that item "it fits LCD screens up to 3.0cm" - I would guess they are bringing out a larger one for the EX1 since the LCD is 3.5. Price doesn't seem bad and it seems easier to take on and off compared with other solutions.
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:00 AM   #19
Major Player

The Hoodman in the link is their version that isn't big enough for the EX1 3.5" screen.

There is a hood available from CAVision for around $100 now as well. I'm thinking of getting it but the Hoodman might be ok when it's available.
Keith Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 01:41 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Yes it is the Hoodman eye piece, but with an extender that moves it away from the lcd about 1 inch. The extender make it fit the 3.5" lcd. They said that if you already have the eye piece like I do, you will be able to just buy the extender. I asked about price. They didn't know yet. Without the eye piece, I can't imagine that it will be too expensive since it's just a rectangular plastic ring and a new neoprene jacket.

Michael
Michael Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #21
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Harrington View Post
I'd like someone to comment on the IR filter coming out of Rosco. Has anyone checked it out?

I have tested the Rosco IR filter on my EX-3. It will cut out most, if not all, of IR contamination. BUT; it is like the Schnieder in that you can get green vignetting on W/A lenses
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:55 PM   #22
Major Player

I have the Hoodman for my 5dmkII, I can confirm it is too small for the EX-1 screen in standard form, not sure how the extender bit would work.

Dan
Dan Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 01:12 PM   #23
Wrangler

The biggest XDCAM EX-related announcement (IMHO) was Calibrated{Q} Software's MP4-EX Import software, which now means instant use of MP4 files (even orphaned from the file structure) in Quicktime-compliant NLEs. No more need to use XDCAM Transfer.

Thread: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/jvc-gy-hm...-xdcam-ex.html

Calibrated Software

Calibrated{Q} MP4-EX Import for Mac OSX

Calibrated{Q} MP4-EX Import for Windows

Avid AMA for instant editing of MP4 files was quite significant as well.
Old April 27th, 2009, 05:31 PM   #24
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ravens View Post
Attendance at NAB was way off from 2008. The economy is hitting everyone, I guess.
Where did you hear that? I heard that the 2008 attendance numbers were around 100,000 and this year it was 82,000. (this is from memory...don't quote me). The point is, the vendors really rallied together and made a good showing and so did the attendees. The NAB organizers were very surprised.
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #25
Major Player

While OT, I'll respond to the NAB numbers.

Registration was around 83,000. That does not mean attendees. Vendors we spoke with were very pleased with the response and many shared that they actually saw customers and potential customers rather than "what kind of camera is that?".
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:28 PM   #26
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Soltz View Post
Registration was around 83,000. That does not mean attendees. Vendors we spoke with were very pleased with the response and many shared that they actually saw customers and potential customers rather than "what kind of camera is that?".
The lower attendance also allowed folks like me to spend more time explaining things to serious camera people.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds