DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   XDCAM EX News from NAB (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/217758-xdcam-ex-news-nab.html)

Alister Chapman April 20th, 2009 02:28 AM

XDCAM EX News from NAB

It's late so I'll be brief.

There's a new SxS offload device coming from Sony. The PHX-MS240 has a removable 240Gb cartridge and will offload a from SxS cards at around 10x realtime. It can be plugged in to an EX to allow playback from the device to check through footage. You can connect the unit to a computer usin esata or usb. In addition the cartridges can removed from the unit and then plugged in to a computer via USB or esata. Suggested price $2000 with cartridges at Ģ500.

Price of a 32Gb SxS card to be reduced by 40% to approx $900.

Alexander Kubalsky April 20th, 2009 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alister Chapman (Post 1114924)

Price of a 32Gb SxS card to be reduced by 40% to approx $900.

Thats great news. I'm big on 60p overcranking so I need the Sony cards.

Thanks.

Joachim Hoge April 20th, 2009 05:26 AM

Shame they didnīt include a FW800 connection for that price

Paul Kellett April 20th, 2009 06:11 AM

Probably no firewire because firewire isn't hot swap.

Paul.

Alister Chapman April 20th, 2009 08:35 AM

You can get express card to esata adapters for less than $50 and it's much much faster than firewire.

Buck Forester April 20th, 2009 10:48 AM

Good news on the 32GB SxS price drop! I never made the plunge to the cheaper solution because I have two 16GB and an 8 GB and I like to have all my overcranking options without having to think about which card I have in the slot. I'm prone to stupid mental errors.

Joachim Hoge April 20th, 2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alister Chapman (Post 1115771)
You can get express card to esata adapters for less than $50 and it's much much faster than firewire.

Thatīs good news.
When they first came out I heard they werenīt very reliable, are they now?

Kevin Wild April 20th, 2009 02:18 PM

B&H already has the price drop in effect. I ordered a 32Gig card today for delivery tomorrow. Mixed blessing of a surprise seeing it under $1,000...great for this one, but I just bought one last week from Abel Cine for $1500 and asked specifically about a price drop...

Sigh...I couldn't help it (had a shoot), but one should never buy anything the week before NAB. :-)

Kevin

Ola Christoffersson April 24th, 2009 03:33 AM

So - what's going on at NAB?

It seems like our EX1:s and EX3:s are still "state of the art" as far as Sony is concerned. No new announcements at NAB of any new EX-cameras after what I have heard.

However, I am curious to hear what else is new. Any new EX-related gadgets or any new cameras from the competition that we have not heard about before.

Please - if anybody visiting NAB can find the time between cheap drinks, strip bars ;-) and of course visiting the convention center - please give us a report!

Jeff DeMaagd April 24th, 2009 04:06 AM

I think Alister Chapman covered it all, lower price for 32GB SxS and an SxS offloading device. I didn't notice anything else regarding the EX series.

News from NAB - The Digital Video Information Network

Brian Barkley April 24th, 2009 06:13 AM

Not that is has anything to do with NAB, but Las Vegas has moved the hotels further apart and, consequently, you have to walk further from hotel to hotel than in previous years.

Ola Christoffersson April 24th, 2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Barkley (Post 1131816)
Not that is has anything to do with NAB, but Las Vegas has moved the hotels further apart and, consequently, you have to walk further from hotel to hotel than in previous years.

How on earth did they pull that off? Jackhammers and rope?

Dean Harrington April 24th, 2009 04:08 PM

Rosco solution for IR ...

I'd like someone to comment on the IR filter coming out of Rosco. Has anyone checked it out?

Michael Sims April 24th, 2009 07:45 PM

I saw a prototype magnifier at the Hoodman booth that turns the EX1 lcd into a viewfinder like the EX3. It was focusable and held in place by a neoprene cover. I really liked it. They said to look for it in about 60 days.

Barry J. Weckesser April 24th, 2009 09:39 PM

Did they give any idea as to cost?