EX1/3 Picture Profile Worksheet/Form at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 26th, 2009, 04:54 PM   #1
Major Player

EX1/3 Picture Profile Worksheet/Form

There are many parameters pertaining to Picture Profiles for our cameras. I found it just became unmanageable to keep typing up variation after variation. This is one way of managing Picture Profile for and EX1 or EX3 camera.

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0 or greater. As you can see, there are tool tips with descriptions and values taken from the camera manual. All you do is move your mouse over the field to view the tool tip. The pull down button lists are self explanitory.

Saving & Printing PP Forms: Requires Acobat Pro 9.0 or newer

Adobe Reader does NOT allow you save pdf Form documents, but they can be printed. This is a drag for those who do not have Acrobat Pro. I have also attached the Excel template I used to make the PDF Form. The spreedsheet approach is a compromise on functionality but it does allow you to save you profiles in a manageable fashion.

Comments are welcome where there is room for improvement. Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: xls Sony EX-XDCAM PP Worksheet.xls (16.5 KB, 1173 views)
File Type: pdf Sony EX-XDCAM PP Worksheet.pdf (948.2 KB, 1252 views)

Last edited by Barry J. Anwender; April 27th, 2009 at 07:11 AM.
Barry J. Anwender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 07:32 PM   #2
Major Player

Picture Profile Manual

I have also compiled a synthesis of the official resources from Sony and a couple of other gems and placed them within the context of the EX-XDCAM Picture Profile parameters.

I am currently at 40 pages. All that remains to be done is generate an appendix to offically reference the articles and an then make a pdf document outline with hyperlinks to doc pages. I should have this project completed by the end of this week and will share it when ready.
Old April 26th, 2009, 09:51 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Looks good, but I can't seem to open the PDF. on my Mac or PC... error saying Acrobat (and Preview) can not decrypt the file. Any other locations to download from?
Old April 26th, 2009, 10:19 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Also can't open files from a mac leopard.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2009, 11:55 PM   #5
Trustee

I can't open it either - Windows Vista - but will have a go with XP later.
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #6
Major Player

Adobe Acrobat Pro/Adobe Reader 7.0 and higher

Apple's Preview application will not work, it is only designed for the most basic reading of pdf documents. You will need Adbobe Reader which is a FREE download from Adobe.com.

I have tested this for Windows XP and Vista and it will work with Adobe Acrobat/Reader applications. The first .pdf that you double click on after installing Adobe Reader, Windows will report that it cannot open the file. HOWEVER, you are also provided with an option "Select a program from a list of installed programs" at which point you select Adobe Reader AND check "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file." After this your .pdf documents will automatically open with Adobe Reader as the default.

Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Reader versions below 9.1 have a serious security flaw that leaves your machine at risk.

For those who are willing to live with your computer open to internet attacks, here is the same thing that will work with Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Reader 7.0 and higher.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sony EX-XDCAM PP Worksheet (not secure).pdf (931.7 KB, 873 views)

Last edited by Barry J. Anwender; April 27th, 2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old April 27th, 2009, 08:40 AM   #7
Regular Crew

my bad, I only have Acrobat Pro version 8
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:49 AM   #8
Inner Circle

still won't open. :(
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:09 AM   #9
Regular Crew

On my system (XP Pro SP3) it asks for a PASSWORD.

So, what is the password??? Or did I miss something?
John Hedgecoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #10
Regular Crew

Didn't open in Preview but opened up fine in mac Acrobat pro.
Kevin Cates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 11:07 AM   #11
Trustee

I managed to open it using Acrobat Pr 7, but there is a realy weird voice embeded in the file - not so sure I can understand what he/it is saying
Old April 27th, 2009, 11:52 AM   #12
Trustee

I opened it in Excel and re-saved it as a PDF. (see attached)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sony EX-XDCAM PP Worksheet.pdf (51.5 KB, 810 views)
Old April 27th, 2009, 03:18 PM   #13
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hedgecoe View Post
On my system (XP Pro SP3) it asks for a PASSWORD.

So, what is the password??? Or did I miss something?
It does not need a password to open, read, modify form fields and print (Acrobat Pro). It will ask for a password if you are trying to modify the document beyond these functions. Nice try, Cheers!
Old April 27th, 2009, 03:21 PM   #14
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce View Post
still won't open. :(
It was made in Leopard and works in Leopard using Adobe Acrobat Pro (CS4 Master Suite). Apple's Preview will not work as it has limited forms functionality and no ability to display tool tips. Please use Adobe Reader 9.1 or Acrobat Pro 9.1 and it will work.
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:07 PM   #15
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry J. Anwender View Post
It does not need a password to open, read, modify form fields and print (Acrobat Pro). It will ask for a password if you are trying to modify the document beyond these functions. Nice try, Cheers!
Nice Try? What are you talking about. I tried to open the file to VIEW it. I was not trying to modify it - since I could not open it to view it how on earth could I modify it?

Why are you making this so difficult? Just post the file as a NORMAL pdf and let everyone view it. It seems like many others are having problems too.

I do not use acrobat as I will not allow the bloated adobe acrobat on my system. I use Foxit Reader for pdf's.
John Hedgecoe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds