Canon EF adaptor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 29th, 2009, 08:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon EF adaptor

Hello

Mike Tappa has just announced his new Canon EF/EX3 adaptor. Being very new they are obviously thin on the ground, but if you have one and would like to share your early experiences or thoughts then please do. I have just ordered one but will not receive it for two weeks.
One other matter that changing the lens will no doubt introduce will be the problem of sensor cleaning. Can those of you who have experience of this with the EX3 please share.

Last edited by Eric A Robinson; April 30th, 2009 at 07:13 AM. Reason: mistake!
Eric A Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 08:59 AM   #2
Major Player

Do you have a link, Eric?
Old May 1st, 2009, 10:04 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Sure do

Canon FD to Sony PMW-EX3 adaptor

this one for the older FD glass, and this one for EF glass:-

http://www.mtfservices.com/mtf-produ...3-adaptor.html
Eric A Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 03:19 PM   #4
Major Player

From what I understand, the EF adapter will not allow aperture changes on the camera. The aperture will have to be set on a EOS camera before mounting to the EX. This seems kind of limiting to me, and I'm holding out for the 'holy grail' of EF mounts which would allow the aperture to be adjusted while mounted on the EX.
How about it, Mike? Is this ever going to be a possibility?
Old May 1st, 2009, 03:22 PM   #5
Major Player

oh, by the way, Eric-
I have done a fair amount of lens swapping (both 35mm and video) on my EX, and so far have not had to clean the sensor once. It's easily done, though, should some dust stick to it. I would use a bulb blower first (NEVER use canned air on a sensor) and if that doesn't do the trick, then one of the sensor cleaning kits (swabs w/cleaning fluid) should work fine.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 01:35 AM   #6
Regular Crew

soft and gentle

Hi
Canned air can do more damage than good, so I have heard, the softer flow of air from a hand bulb is not so aggressive. I use this on my 35mm but was wondering if anyone had any additional wisdom as regards the EX3.
Eric A Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds