DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   new addition to my EX1 kit (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/234691-new-addition-my-ex1-kit.html)

Andrew Hollister May 5th, 2009 07:44 AM

new addition to my EX1 kit

1 Attachment(s)
the DP1 from SmallHD (pre-order sale today for a $50 discount)
cool pics on the site... SmallHD.com or SmallHD.com preorder

i'm excited.

Features

• 8.9" Diagonal Screen Size
• 1280 x 768 TRUE resolution - viewable 720p for ALL 16:9 signals
• 16:9/4:3/Fullscreen aspect ratio selection
• Power-saving LED backlight of 300 nits (brightness)
• 500:1 Contrast ratio
• Weight with battery: 1Kg (2.2lbs) - Standalone weight: 1.6lbs
• Brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, sharpness adjustments (configurable presets)
• Full-range red, green and blue color controls (configurable presets)
• Blue Gun, Red only, Green only, Monochrome (through use of presets)
• Single-piece aluminum housing with 10 tapped accessory/mounting points: Six 1/4 20 & Four M4
• Dimensions: 9" x 5.8" x 1.2". The DP1 features no wasted space
• 2-Year manufacturer's guarantee
• Available in black or silver

Range of Compatibility
• RED ONE via HDMI - The Dp1's "Overscan" function properly displays RED camera data
• Canon 5D Mark II via HDMI - Displays all signals produced by the camera. Switches between 1080i LiveView and 480p record modes in 2 seconds
• Canon HV30 - Supports all output formats: 60i, 24p mode, 30p. Also expected to display TRUE 24p signal of the HV40
• We have not run across a High Definition source yet (1920x1080 or less) that the DP1 has not been able to handle

Ships with...
• Free protective neoprene sleeve (on pre-orders only) - seee below for details
• 12v Power supply
• 6ft HDMI and YPbPr (Component) Cables
• Quickstart Guide

Dean Sensui May 5th, 2009 12:13 PM

Too bad it doesn't have HD-SDI as an input.

The component/composite output of the EX1 is poorly placed where the operator's right hand bumps against the connector. With the connector being so small, it's only a matter of time before it's damaged.

Andrew Hollister May 5th, 2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Sensui (Post 1137983)
Too bad it doesn't have HD-SDI as an input.

agree. but adding hd-sdi would probably add a lot of dollars to the price, and for me, not entirely needed at this time. also agree that the output is poorly placed, but such is life.

Mitchell Lewis May 5th, 2009 02:11 PM

Wow! Nice find!

Kevin Wild May 7th, 2009 05:20 PM

I think this is going to be a great monitor. It's built like a tank. The guys making this came over with it to make sure it worked with our RED, so I got to check out the prototype. Good stuff. They should sell a TON of these at that price. I'd get one myself, but we already have a Panny LH80. I will say, this one is much smaller than the Panny...and much lighter.

Kevin

Ed Kukla May 7th, 2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Wild (Post 1139500)
I think this is going to be a great monitor. It's built like a tank. The guys making this came over with it to make sure it worked with our RED, so I got to check out the prototype. Good stuff. They should sell a TON of these at that price. I'd get one myself, but we already have a Panny LH80. I will say, this one is much smaller than the Panny...and much lighter.

Kevin

How did the picture look compared to the lh80?
The 80 is a step down from the Panasonic 900 monitor. Is this new monitor as good as the Panny 900?
Thanks