Vegas 9 imports native xdcam ex files - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 22nd, 2009, 06:58 AM   #31
Regular Crew

I would strongly advise against upgrading to Sony Vegas Pro 9. It is totally incapable of rendering a file out using the Main Concept MP4 codec. Crashes every time no matter what settings you try, even on a short 15 second segement, where Vegas Pro 8 has no problems.

This looks like yet another "rushed to market" release from Sony and is totally unusable as far as I'm concerned.

You can't convert a Vegas Pro 9 file back to Vegas Pro 8 once you've wasted your time building your edit, only to find the software can't render it out.

Avoid!
Ian Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:31 AM   #32
Inner Circle

May I disagree, Ian. Vegas 9 has been very stable for me, and considerably faster than V8 (at least comparing the 64-bit versions) - both in playback and rendering.
Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:56 AM   #33
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki View Post
May I disagree, Ian. Vegas 9 has been very stable for me, and considerably faster than V8 (at least comparing the 64-bit versions) - both in playback and rendering.
Hi Piotr,

Can you try using "Renders as..." use the "Main Concept AVC/AAC (MP4)" setting (same drop-down as has always worked in Vegas Pro 8) in the drop-down? Take any short clip (I've got a short 15 second clip). Change the template to reflect PAL 25fps and 1280x720 or 640x360 and let me know if it works for you. Thanks.

Admittedly I CAN render out a wmv or an avi but that's not the format I've always used in the past.

The same settings in Vegas Pro 8 work fine. On my setup Pro 9 is as useful as a catflap on a submarine.
Ian Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2009, 08:23 AM   #34
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Smith View Post
Hi Piotr,

Can you try using "Renders as..." use the "Main Concept AVC/AAC (MP4)" setting (same drop-down as has always worked in Vegas Pro 8) in the drop-down? Take any short clip (I've got a short 15 second clip). Change the template to reflect PAL 25fps and 1280x720 or 640x360 and let me know if it works for you. Thanks.
It works like a charm, Ian. I've tested all formats I might possibly want to use (including MC and Sony's mp4), and all runs well.
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:07 PM   #35
Tourist

Works very well here. (Q9400, 2 GB, WXP32)

Cheers SCS!

Ernesto
Ernesto Figge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2009, 07:14 AM   #36
Major Player

I think it happens to a select group. I cant render to MPG4 either. but I didnt use it much before. I would like it to work though.
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #37
Regular Crew

I just created a test clip and tried to open and import into Vegas Pro 9 but it does not recognise the file...anyone have any similar problems?

Sorry...ignore the above...for some reason it started working ok after closing and re-opening.
Dave Tyrer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds