Sony NAB 2009 Rebate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 16th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #1
New Boot

Sony NAB 2009 Rebate

I posted another thread about this, but it looks like it was moved. Has anyone else received this rebate yet? I got it after buying an EX1 and it looks like there's nothing for the EX1 in the store. Great job, Sony! Plus, the whole Hard Drive/Tape section doesn't work with the coupon, even though they state it should. The one thing I was looking at getting, the PCM-D50 Recorder, won't work with the coupon code.

Has anyone had any better luck?
Sean Popke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 10:50 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Coupon for ex1

I've been waiting for the Final Cut Studio 3 to come out before purchasing a MacPro; however, I also felt like I was in a bind to buy the EX1 before I was ready, due to the $500 coupon which expires on May 31st. So, I need to know if this $500 coupon is going to be any good. If it isn't, I won't feel compelled to buy the EX1 before May 31st and wait for Studio 3 to come out. I've read that Studio 3 is going to be very helpful for the EX1. This is important for me so any extra help will be greatly appreciated.
Old May 18th, 2009, 02:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Well that's disappointing. My rebate hasn't arrived yet, but the PCM-D50 recorder was the item I wanted to purchase with it. You're right in that there's nothing in the store available for the EX1.

Still in the rebate rules, it states what items are available at the website. Sony seems to be a pretty stand up company for these types of things, so I imagine if you call them and explain the situation, they will get you the rebate on the PCM-D50.

Let me know if you have any success, but once my rebate arrives the first thing I'll do is make that phone call.

Here's the rebate number: For further assistance please call (866) 881-1114
Old May 18th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #4
New Boot

Looks like the coupon code is now working for the PCM-D50.
Sean Popke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 06:50 AM   #5
Trustee

Is the rebate on the EX1 a cash rebate? Looks to me like it's a gift card for Sony Style.
Old May 25th, 2009, 11:58 AM   #6
New Boot

NAB rebate

I see two Sony ECM shotgun microphones at the Sony style site. They fit the EXn cameras. Anyone know how long you must wait for the coupon after sending in the application? I sent in my application a week ago.

John
John Woods is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds