Help with Clip Browser please... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 17th, 2009, 03:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Help with Clip Browser please...

Hi,

I am using clip browser 2.5. I film Rugby, so from kick off to the half time I do not pause, and make a continuous recording, usually ends up around 43 - 46 minutes, depending on stopages. When I transfer the clip to my hard drive for editing, it is split into 4 clips, this is easy enough to put on the time line, however, I am wondering of theres a setting or method somewhere, so the clip is recognised as one 40 odd minute long clip, and I simply drag that onto my timeline, anyone any ideas ??

cheers

Stuart
Stuart Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #2
Inner Circle

On Mac with Final Cut Pro, Sony XDCAM Transfer software joins and wraps to MOV.
I'd guess ClipBrowser might do this going to MXF on Windows.
MP4 are the source files. I don't think there's any way to wrap them in to single long files.
On Mac with CalibratedSoftware plugin, FCP can use the MP4 files too but they are not joined.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew

If I remember correctly on Windows with Premiere CS4 you can simply import first (or last, or any?!) mp4-file into the Premiere assets and this will automatically represent all parts of the complete clip.
This means: dragging the imported single mp4 to the timeline will show you the full clip. I just noticed it with clips that had 2 parts...
Markus Klatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 06:33 AM   #4
Regular Crew

OK Guys,

heres the answer as supplied by Paul Kellett of this very forum. In my case I film non stop for 40 - 45 mins, so in clip browser, I have just one clip showing. If I just copy it to the destination folder, I end up with 4 clips which have to be put on the timeline ....

soooo....

Right click the clip, and choose the option Export - MXF for NLE. I suppose you can select all clips in the window if you want, but I only ever have 1. Choose the destination folder and hit the button. Voila, the 4 clips are now seen as 1 big one. Result. Cheers Paul,

Stuart
Stuart Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:56 AM   #5
Regular Crew

That's perfect if you like the exporting as mxf (repacking mpeg2-streams into different container).
If you want to leave that step out you have eg. the above written possibility (using in CS4 without prior export)
Markus Klatt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds