DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Clip Browser - Removing Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/235669-clip-browser-removing-audio.html)

Ted OMalley May 19th, 2009 03:43 PM

Clip Browser - Removing Audio

Is there a way to remove the audio while making a new clip from In/Out sections in Clip Browser? I've got a clip that I want to provide to the client, but I managed to capture audio that I'd prefer wasn't there. All other clips I'm providing are in the original BPAV folders, and I'd rather not render it out.

Any ideas?

Craig Seeman May 19th, 2009 04:31 PM

Ahhh, the critique the producer next to the shotgun mic remover. Or is it commenting on the accouterments of the client's significant other remover. Or maybe it's the OMG I can't believe the Lav is on while recording b-roll remover.

Craig Seeman May 19th, 2009 04:33 PM

There's always import to the NLE, replace audio with silence and back out as EX MP4 to create a new BPAV folder.

Ted OMalley May 19th, 2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Seeman (Post 1145564)
There's always import to the NLE, replace audio with silence and back out as EX MP4 to create a new BPAV folder.

Craig,

Thanks, I didn't realize that would be an option. I'll do that!

And it was a short series of comments from the underappreciated production crew (including me) that I need to remove. This was the portion of the shoot during which audio was on and didn't need to be - I'll try to be smarter next time while biting the hand that feeds me!

Ted OMalley May 19th, 2009 05:41 PM

OK, I'm officially stuck.

Import to NLE - check (Sony Vegas)

Replace audio - check

Back out as EX MP4 - How?!

I prefer not to render - not an option there anyway
Out to HDCam disc? only seems to recognize .mxf, not .mp4

Any help out there?

Brian Barkley May 19th, 2009 06:14 PM

Ted, I edit in Premiere Pro CS3.

In a case like yours, I would import to the audio program (Soundbooth), and then save the audio file to a WAV file. Simple as that.

Ted OMalley May 19th, 2009 06:17 PM

Brian,

My goal is to provide the client with this clip in the the BPAV folder as is, except minus the audio. I don't understand how exporting a WAV will help. I can edit in Premiere Pro CS3 as well, and have both Soundbooth and Audition. But what I want to do, now that the audio is removed, is recreate an mp4 in the regular folder structure.

Craig Seeman May 19th, 2009 07:28 PM

Ted, there's no way to save back to native format in Vegas?
I'm pretty sure Vegas 8 can take XDCAM MXF in and spit it back out.
I'm not sure about EX MP4 though.
Vegas 9 might be able to handle that since it touts EX "native" support.

On Mac, Final Cut Pro can export back to MP4 with Sony's software installed so I'd think Vegas can do that too but it might only be Vegas 9.

Maybe a Vegas 9 user can confirm or maybe you can download the trial to give it a test.
Sony Creative Software - Download: Vegas Pro
They also have the manual for 9 available for download.

Brian Barkley May 20th, 2009 05:51 PM

My curiosity is getting the best of me . . . why do you want to eliminate the audio?

Leonard Levy May 20th, 2009 07:45 PM

Ted,
Shouldn't you be using a pseudonym?
What if your client checks this site or it turns up on a google search with your name.

I'm sympathetic though as I've had this happen also but it was usually while the camera was accidently running and we could get rid of the shot without losing something important.

Actually why not just cut out the offending moment and hand in the shot with just a small amount missing. Could have been a moment when the camera accidently got turned off. Is the footage that important that you couldn't lose a little but.

With the card in the camera you can delete just a small section by breaking the shot apart into smaller and smaller pieces then deleting one of them.

This would be pretty seamless unless they really understand the structure of XDCam and notice some numbers that are skipping ahead. Of course that's assuming you guys didn't rail about the producer for a half hour stretch.

Lenny