Cheap UK place for EX3 mic holder spare? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 25th, 2009, 01:36 PM   #1
New Boot

Cheap UK place for EX3 mic holder spare?

I've snapped off the external mic holder on top of my EX3 and have to replace.

I'm probably a latecomer to realising that these little plastic things cost in excess of £60 + vat from big suppliers. Can anyone recommend a cheaper UK supplier for these, or a person-to-person sale?

Have already posted on Phlip Bloom's forum to no avail. So apologies for cross-posting.

Cheers,

Jamie Kennerley

Jamie Kennerley - Camera
Jamie Kennerley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #2
Inner Circle

For the EX1, Sony US sells them at $44 each. Is the EX3 variant really as expensive as you say it is?

BTW you'll get it much less expensive from Sony directly than from a dealer if that's what you're running in to. Sony will sell you the part.

Ironically when I ordered from Sony they asked me how many I wanted. Seems it breaks off so often they expect to sell multiple backups.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2009, 04:19 PM   #3
Trustee

Search here for better ways to spend your money on a solution that isn't designed to fail.
Replace the mic holder with DM Accessories EX flat and use that to mount a decent shock mount to hold your microphone.
This approach has many advantages. You can quickly remove and replace the mic for transport. It doesn't break. You get better handling noise isolation. You can use the extra cold shoe mounting point for other things.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 02:03 AM   #4
New Boot

Okay, good advice, thanks. The EX flat looks great. And very affordable.

Jamie
Jamie Kennerley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds