DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   E3'09 Video Game Conference Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/237021-e309-video-game-conference-video.html)

Roger LaMarca June 9th, 2009 01:36 AM

E3'09 Video Game Conference Video

Download & HD Stream: QuakeUnity.com - Uniting The QUAKE Universe

Video I shot last week at the E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) convention. You will see booth babes, the Nintendo, Activision, Microsoft, and Sony booths along with many others. There are also special appearances by Mario, Sonic, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

The video, which was shot in 1080p30 using a Sony EX1, is presented for your viewing pleasure in 720p.

Music:
- White Rabbits: "Percussion Gun"
- Throw Me The Statue: "Ancestors"
- Shout Out Louds: "Tonight I Have to Leave It"

Erik Phairas June 11th, 2009 07:36 PM

nice one, I love how you can just take our cameras anywhere and they always come away with great pictures.

Hey I saw the Keaton Batmobile on display. Does that mean it's going to be in an upcoming game?

Javier Gallen June 12th, 2009 04:38 AM

Nice shots, but this video doesn't look like it's edited because of the amount of uncutted ground shots and things like that.

Anyway, fun to watch.

Brian Barkley June 15th, 2009 08:41 AM

I don't see the point of the video, and I thought the music was obnoxious.

Erik Phairas June 15th, 2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Barkley (Post 1158733)
I don't see the point of the video, and I thought the music was obnoxious.

Last time I checked this forum is just for reference on what video from the EX cameras looked like. This is not an independent film board where people are looking for criticism. Maybe you got lost?

Brian Barkley June 16th, 2009 04:40 PM

Erik, your comment is totally unwarranted. Most of the videos here have had comments about them. Why do you now criticize me for giving my comments? If all you want is a bunch of "yes" people around you that are doing nothing but singing your praises, then you'll never advance in this industry because you'll never truly know how others really perceive your work.

Why do people take the time and trouble to stream videos here? Because they want feedback, plain and simple. If all feedback is positive, it does no good whatsoever to the producer of that video.

I find your criticism of me troubling.

Erik Phairas June 16th, 2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Barkley (Post 1159367)
I find your criticism of me troubling.

Your criticism of his video didn't mention what was right. It was just tearing it down. That is NOT how you help someone. I don't see the point of your comment, and I find your method obnoxious.

Brian Barkley June 17th, 2009 07:11 AM

Erik, you should let this issue go. Taking pot shots at someone in an internet forum is not smart.

I'll say it again. Videographers take the time, trouble, and expense, to get honest feedback from viewers. This is exactly what happened before you so rudely interupted the process.

Erik Phairas June 17th, 2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Barkley (Post 1159620)
Erik, you should let this issue go. Taking pot shots at someone in an internet forum is not smart.

I'll say it again. Videographers take the time, trouble, and expense, to get honest feedback from viewers. This is exactly what happened before you so rudely interupted the process.

You keep using all these words and phrases which perfectly describe your first response in this thread. "Rude, obnoxious, taking pot shots", and so on. You really think what you were doing was constructive?

Brian Barkley June 17th, 2009 12:10 PM

Do I think it's constructive? You might ask my students. I teach a night class at a local University. The only way the students learn is through constructive criticism. If all I did was praise their work, I would not be doing them any good at all. They learn from the class. They love to display their productions, but criticism is always included in the process, both from me as well as the other students.

I produced documentaries and have about 150 distributors across the land, including several foreign countries. Many, for example, are sold by Amazon.com. I love Amazon.com because I get feedback from those who have purchased my DVDs. I get many positive comments, in fact I have one title that has 100% five stars from every reviewer. This is almost impossible to achieve, but it has happened nonetheless. Having said this, it is not the positive comments, rather the negative ones that are of the most help. The last thing I need is a bunch of "yes" people who are singing my praises.

Yes, I am fairly successful in my line of work, and consistently do over $150,000 a year selling DVDs, as well at television rights. I attribute my success to listening to my critics.

If one doesn't handle negative criticism very well, then I doubt if that person will be very successful in the motion picture business. I know that I would have never worked in Hollywood, or had the success I have had with that attitude.

To be successful in this business requires the "BIG A" . . . ATTITUDE. With a good attitude comes likely success. But a bad attitude can be deadly to one's career in this business.

I am not writing this because I think you'll get my point.

The producers of the videos in this forum might welcome feedback ... both positive and negative. Did you ever consider that?