Converting to MXF via hard drive to hard drive at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 15th, 2009, 07:23 AM   #1
Major Player

Converting to MXF via hard drive to hard drive

I have a client in another city. At the end of each day, we have uploaded files from camera (memory cards) to her external hard drive via Clip Browser. She edits in Sony Vegas and needs MXF file format. The conversion has worked great.

But now memory cards have all been erased.

I am copying files from my external hard drive to her external hard drive. I have not found a way to convert files to MXF during the transfer. Is there a way?
Brian Barkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 07:54 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I do not understand "The conversion has worked great."
You already get the MXF ?
snell&wilcox is doing a free utility to get the MXF files from the Mpg4 of the EX.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 08:35 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Clip Browser doesn't care whether the source is SxS, SDHC or hard drive. Just point at the parent folder.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:09 AM   #4
Trustee

QUESTION:

Clipbrowser will combine mp4's that span across two SxS cards when the clip is copied to a hard drive.

But what if I just directly exported split clips from an SxS card to an mxf file on a hard disk? Will the split mp4's on the two SxS cards be combined into a single mxf file on the hard drive?
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Justin Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Roper View Post
QUESTION:

Clipbrowser will combine mp4's that span across two SxS cards when the clip is copied to a hard drive.

But what if I just directly exported split clips from an SxS card to an mxf file on a hard disk? Will the split mp4's on the two SxS cards be combined into a single mxf file on the hard drive?
No, as far as i know they need to be combined (copied to the same folder using clipbrowser) prior to export as a single MXF.
Old June 15th, 2009, 07:39 PM   #6
Trustee

Thank you Justin.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds