EX3, Arri MMB-1 and follow focus - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:46 PM   #16
Major Player

Image artifact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Davenport View Post
Maybe this is what your talking about.
Rolling shutter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Given the nature of rolling shutter, I don't think that it's responsible for what I have been trying to describe since the precipitating elements were not present but thank you for the thought and time you have invested in trying to answer my question.

On another note, I have not yet purchased a matte box but am seriously considering the Cavision and will probably make that purchase in the next few days.

Thanks again.
Ron Wilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 11:06 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Sorry not getting it. Need to see it. Check the Picture Profile topics at top of page, and try some new settings.
Good Luck, any more questions just let me know. J
Jason Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2009, 08:07 AM   #18
Major Player

Artefact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Davenport View Post
Sorry not getting it. Need to see it. Check the Picture Profile topics at top of page, and try some new settings.
Good Luck, any more questions just let me know. J
It was suggested that I try lowering the "detail" setting. Since this might indeed be the problem I will give it a try.
Ron Wilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2009, 11:20 AM   #19
Major Player

Ron,

If you haven't checked out the Redrock Micro mattebox, you should. It's in your price range and many that have it think the bang for the buck is the best out there for matteboxes.

The ARRI setup is very nice but the rig you were talking about with follow focus (as I am sure you know) is in the $3500 USD range.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2009, 10:53 AM   #20
Major Player

Matte Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Stone View Post
Ron,

If you haven't checked out the Redrock Micro mattebox, you should. It's in your price range and many that have it think the bang for the buck is the best out there for matteboxes.

The ARRI setup is very nice but the rig you were talking about with follow focus (as I am sure you know) is in the $3500 USD range.
Hi:
Thank you for the suggestion but I had already decided against the RedRock MicroMatte primarily due to the weight factor (>2lbs). In addition, I agree that the Arri is an expensive piece of equipment whose cost/function ratio I could not personally justify and as a result I have purchased the Cavision Matte Box, Flags, etc. It is less than half the weight of the RedRock and performs the same function as the Arri but perhaps without it's panache. For the time being, I will forgo a Follow Focus but should I decide in favor of one in the future I will consider the Zacuto.
Ron Wilk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds