EX3 Rental: Costly lesson - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 21st, 2009, 12:52 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Rental income

I've paid for my cameras many times over with rentals to local, knowledgeable cameramen. I only rent to out-of-towners if I'm on the shoot as AC or sound or downloader. And I sleep well at night with replacement insurance through NPPA.org, which every camera owner should have whether you rent it out or not. Peace of mind goes a long way. By the way, EX3's fetch $375/day in Texas.
Chris Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 09:57 PM   #17
Regular Crew

whoops..................
Jason Davenport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 12:28 AM   #18
Trustee

1. Don't rent to people unless they are insured.

2. The response of the rental client in this case is unpardonably sleazy. "we hoped you wouldn't notice." Having run the rental department of a reputable company in San Francisco, that kind of answer would have gotten them an earful from me and I would have refused to rent to them in the future.

There is something called ethics.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2009, 04:31 AM   #19
Inner Circle

In general too many people fail to look at the situation from the other end and ask themselves, "What if that was my equipment and someone returned it in that condition?"

When I rent 4WD vehicles, I take care to not get the paint scratched and take it easy on the sharp rocks. There are those who will say, "It's just a rental," and let it get trashed. But I'll rinse off the dust before returning the SUV. Because I want to be able to come back and rent from them again.
Old June 24th, 2009, 07:33 PM   #20
Inner Circle

EX3 is $375/day in Santa Barbara CA.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds