Hoodman Wrist Shot camcorder support system with EX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 1st, 2009, 07:16 AM   #1
Major Player

Hoodman Wrist Shot camcorder support system with EX1

I was wondering if anyone else has had experience with the Hoodman Wrist Shot camcorder support system: WristShot-Hoodman Corporation
I just got back from a 3 week vacation in Maui and used it for the first time. I found it quite helpful - especially freeing up my left hand for manual adjustments of the camcorder while shooting. It is especially helpful if you are walking around and you want to keep the camera in your hand and take brief shots on and off without having to put the camcorder back in it's bag. I used it in conjunction with the neck strap of the camcorder and could hold the camera in a type of sling position between shots to rest my arm. It also allowed me to be much more steady in my shots (not to the extent of a shoulder brace but better than just using the camera totally handheld).
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 08:27 AM   #2
Inner Circle

This sounds (and looks) interesting; however I believe it still takes a strong guy's forearm to carry a camera as bulky as the EX1 strapped like this, for a long time...
Old July 1st, 2009, 09:12 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr Wozniacki View Post
This sounds (and looks) interesting; however I believe it still takes a strong guy's forearm to carry a camera as bulky as the EX1 strapped like this, for a long time...
Yes it does and I did notice some arm and shoulder fatigue after using it for about an hour or so. In situations where one is walking around for an hour or so in areas where it would be difficult to keep putting in and taking the camera out of it's bag it really works well. Used with the camera neck strap it provides a convenient resting place between shots. I just really like the complete freedom it gives my left hand for focusing and iris adjustments because I have always had to balance the camera with my left hand before and it made manual adjustments difficult.
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds