DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   $500 Sonystyle credit combines with UHF wireless mic kit rebate (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/238704-500-sonystyle-credit-combines-uhf-wireless-mic-kit-rebate.html)

Shayne Weyker July 8th, 2009 07:40 PM

$500 Sonystyle credit combines with UHF wireless mic kit rebate

This is to help people who can't decide what to get with their very restricted sonystyle store credit after getting an EX1/3

The UWPV1/4244 UHF wireless mic/receiver kit you can get for a net of $75
UWPV1/4244 | Wireless Lavalier Microphone Camera Pack | Sony | Sony Style USA

is $40 cheaper after the rebate at the bottom of this page:
https://www.rebate-zone.com/default.asp?PN=SY00122k7

I called rebate zone support and they said applying for a rebate would be fine even if the mic kit was partly bought with a credit from Sony.

--Shayne

Charles Newcomb July 8th, 2009 09:01 PM

This is great news. Thanks for posting it. I ordered this system on the e-Coupon two weeks ago after buying an EX3. The system is backordered... last news (yesterday) is they expect to ship July 15. I have two of these units already. They're astonishingly good. But take care not to lose the windscreen and mic clip! I also ordered a Sony TX cube to go with the system... does a great job for a $500 cube.

Jason Davenport July 8th, 2009 11:31 PM

I tried to get the wireless and they said that the coupon could not be used on the wireless mike. So I just got the small shotgun mike, then I received this the other day.

"This is to inform you that the below item(s) on your order has been canceled due to the following reason:

We are currently unable to advise you of an estimated ship date"

WTF.

Charles Newcomb July 20th, 2009 09:25 AM

FWIW: I received the UWP V1 a couple days ago. Now I'm dealing with the Sony bureaucracy to try to get the $40 rebate... there was no invoice with the order, since it was a Sony Style order, so Sony's basically saying "No tickie, now wash."

Every single time I've dealt with Sony, not just once or twice, but EVERY time I've dealt with them on a rebate it has been a hassle. It's always works out in the end, but I think it's because I'm very persistent and don't let them push me around. I'm convinced after my experiences that Sony (like others) intentionally makes rebates difficult to follow through on to discourage people from taking advantage of them. My last one, for example: I bought an EX3 and was trying to get the $500 e-Coupon. The Web page wasn't working, so I called the customer service number ON THE WEBPAGE. I was rudely told they couldn't take the information over the phone... I had to use the Web page. But the Web page didn't work. "Well, she said," try another computer." I did. no luck. I called my dealer. He suggested I try it on a PC... Sony's not crazy about Macs. That worked.

Marius Boruch July 20th, 2009 01:35 PM

It is kind of disappointing that they don't offer more EX1 accessories for that $500 but instead trying to sell all junk they can't sell anyway.

Christoph Gelfand July 20th, 2009 08:27 PM

FWIW, buying something like the PCM-D50 digital recorder is a solid way to get something that you can sell on Ebay. Though I had to pay $50, I was able to sell the unit for $500 on eBay and make back most of what the rebate was.

Shayne Weyker September 8th, 2009 12:58 PM

Got my $40 wireless mic rebate recently

Just letting people know I got my $40 check on top of the credit against purchasing the wireless mic on sonystyle. So if that option is available when you're shopping, it works. I did use the website to register the rebate application. If one browser doesn't work for you, then try another.

Steve Kalle September 8th, 2009 11:41 PM

Is the $500 rebate/e-coupon still alive? I am getting an EX1 in 2 days(from AbelCine) and would really like to get this coupon thing. If so, where do I go online?

Thanks

Steve Pond September 11th, 2009 01:34 PM

You must have applied for the eCoupon by June 30th in order to qualify. If you have done so, then the coupon can be used until Sept. 30th and possibly longer for EX owners.

There weren't many accessories available for the EX cameras on the Sony Style website, but like many others, this promotion was pitched to me by the Sony people as something that I could used to buy accessories for my EX3. As it turns out, virtually none of the accessories listed on the site would work for the EX3, so I pursued this until I got in touch with the Marketing Director at their headquarters in NJ. He applogized for the confusion and said that, as a remedy for myself and others with the same concern, Sony has listed a number of accessories on the Sony Style website that are specific to the EX1/EX3 cameras. They now have batteries, memory cards, microphones, hard drives and other options.

So, if you still have the $500 NAB incentive, revisit the Sony Style website and you'll find that there are many choices where you can use that 500 bucks and it will be for usefula accessories. Hopefully most of you haven't wasted it on a digital camera for a birthday gift because you couldn't use it for your own purposes. Now you can.

FYI - for everyone that has a valid coupon, the Marketing Director indicated that they would extend the Sept. 30 deadline for its use because of all the time that was wasted in resolving this issue for EX users. This is only what he told me and there's nothing in writing, so be sure to confirm for yourself before letting the original deadline blow past.

Marius Boruch September 11th, 2009 02:05 PM

Steve,
We must be looking on different pages; the one I got from Sony is:
Advanced Amateur / Professional Camcorders & Accessories | Sony | Sony Style USA
and there is a lot of JUNK! they want to get rid off and almost nothing for EX1 and EX3 . Just two days ago even that only Sony led light was backorder!!!!
no single battery!!!
It is RIDICULOUS!!!
what web site are you talking about? if there is other web site are we going to be able to redeem our coupons at checkout? I don't think so...thay point us to the web site I listed above.
THEY DIDN'T UPDATE ANYTHING!!!!
What would be ph.# I can call to let them know what I think about their concern.

Steve Pond September 12th, 2009 07:43 PM

Marius, I'm looking for the phone number of the person that I spoke with. As soon as I find it I'll post it for your. I know his first name is Tatsuro (tot-sue-row) and he's in the marketing department in NJ. I'll post again as soon as I have his complete info. I was able to purchase a 32gb SxS card, but it too was on backorder, but I did get an email yesterday that it would be shipping this week. When I talked with him I made the same observation, but he said they were in the process of getting more products listed for the EX3. I guess it's a SLOW process. ;-)

Marius Boruch September 12th, 2009 09:33 PM

I don't know how you did it (or not) but when I try to buy anything from Sony Style store it rejects my coupon... so we are forced to buy that junk staff from the web site they point us to.

Kevin Wild September 13th, 2009 11:25 PM

Guys, chat or call SONYStyle about this refund if you're having trouble.

I had 2 rebates and BOTH things I wanted (the wireless stick mic and the harddrive) wouldn't work on the website. I had to call them and each took a while to work out, but eventually both rebates were honored for those products.

We got the uhf wireless handheld mic the other day. I would never have purchased this at full price as we rarely need it, but used it recently and it worked great.

Thx and good luck!

Steve Pond September 14th, 2009 12:02 PM

Hello Marius, I emailed you the name and number of the contact that I spoke with in New Jersey. My coupon did work and I have a 32 SxS card on the way as a result. I hope you're able to resolve whatever is preventing use of your coupon. I recall that I had to fill out out a form to qualify for the coupon, and once approved they sent me an email to confirm that I qualified and provided a coupon number. Did you receive such an email? If so, it may take a few extra steps to get the accessories that you're seeking, but you should be able to use the coupon to get them.

If anyone else has any trouble with the NAB eCoupon and would like to contact someone to resolve it, please send me an email and I'll give you the name and number of the contact that I spoke with at Sony. I would have preferred that this was more seemless from the start, but I give them the benefit of the doubt that they're just like most of us, understaffed and overworked. ;-)