Anyone using ShotPut Pro and Primera Bravo series to archive? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 9th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #1
Major Player

Anyone using ShotPut Pro and Primera Bravo series to archive?

Hi,

I just read up about ShotPut Pro 2.0 which is supposed to allow automated burning/printing to DVD using Primera's Bravo series DVD print/burn machines.

Is anyone using this option? I have a Bravo SE and would LOVE to automate burning/printing of 70+ 8GB SxS cards I have for this one project.

If so, is there a way to have it batch a bunch of folders and then print the name of the folder onto the disc? That's would be sweet!

I can't get anyone from Imagine Products to get back to me.

Thanks,

Jim
Old July 9th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #2
New Boot

ShotPut Pro and Primera

Hey-
Also try contacting Primera directly. They have been helpful in the past.
If you are archive 8GB cards, then the Bravo SE with double-layer DVDs would be fine. But what about using 25 or 50-gig Blu-Ray (BD) discs as well? It works and I thought the Bravo SE did BD + DVD.
-jeremy w
Jeremy Wilker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 07:53 AM   #3
Major Player

Bravo SE does have a Blu-ray model, but the thing is $1,500 more than the SE.

That's what it would cost me to upgrade to the Blu-Ray model. Don't know if I want to do that as according to Primera, the only thing their software will burn on a Mac to Blu-Ray is Blu-Ray DVDs, not data files.
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:28 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Huenergardt View Post
I can't get anyone from Imagine Products to get back to me.
I purchased ShotPut Express last year. I couldn't test it out because they didn't do a demo. I tried it and it was okay, but not 100% reliable. I was getting a poorer fail rate than XDCAM Transfer and backing up the QuickTimes.

I was trying to do a positive review as part of a screencast for FCP users. I too got no support or response.

Later on, Imagine Products suggested I update my software to the new ShotPut Pro, but that would incur paying out again. I paid for software that didn't fulfil my requirements, and I was asked to pay out once more in the hope that the new version worked.

Well, I don't like a company with a no demo policy combined with a Pro price tag, and I don't like paying out to find that I don't like the product.

So I stopped using it.

They're probably concentrating on the RED and P2 market.
Old July 10th, 2009, 01:32 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Daviss View Post
I purchased ShotPut Express last year. I couldn't test it out because they didn't do a demo. I tried it and it was okay, but not 100% reliable. I was getting a poorer fail rate than XDCAM Transfer and backing up the QuickTimes.

I was trying to do a positive review as part of a screencast for FCP users. I too got no support or response.

Later on, Imagine Products suggested I update my software to the new ShotPut Pro, but that would incur paying out again. I paid for software that didn't fulfil my requirements, and I was asked to pay out once more in the hope that the new version worked.

Well, I don't like a company with a no demo policy combined with a Pro price tag, and I don't like paying out to find that I don't like the product.

So I stopped using it.

They're probably concentrating on the RED and P2 market.
Matt, that seems to be my luck with Imagine as well. They pretty much accused me of doing something wrong with their software and wouldn't fix my issue. I got the same "suggested fix" and was told that all i needed to do was buy the next version of the software to fix the problem I was having with Shotput Express. All I asked them to do was fix the version that I had already purchased. I was stunned and no amount of pleading with them ever resulted in a fix. I'll not be sending them any more money OR business of any kind.
Dave Morrison is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds