DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   Time lapse calculator for your phone (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/238794-time-lapse-calculator-your-phone.html)

Ray Bell July 10th, 2009 08:22 AM

Time lapse calculator for your phone

Time lapse calculator for your phone....

cool that vortex supplies this app

Vortex Media's XDCAM Time Lapse Calculator

Chris Amana July 10th, 2009 08:28 AM

Hi.

It's a great app but would also like it as an installable program.

Currently it's only for net connection

Craig Seeman July 10th, 2009 09:06 AM

Yes, limited use if you must have a connection. I have an iPod Touch so if I don't have Wifi where I'm shooting (and usually don't when at nice timelapse locations) I can't use it. Even with iPhone you'd be dependent on a good connection to your carrier and that's not always the case when you're in rural locations.

Zachary Fink July 10th, 2009 09:17 AM

I bumped up against the same problem so I made a little chart with my most used settings for short timelapses of skies, sun and moon movements, clouds etc. I use Evernote on my iPhone (free standalone note app), and put the data that I've posted on my blog as a Favorite so it's available even out of cell range:

Timelapse shooting chart | Soul Fabric Films

Hope that helps.

Zac

Paul Shapiro July 10th, 2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zachary Fink (Post 1169862)
I bumped up against the same problem so I made a little chart with my most used settings for short timelapses of skies, sun and moon movements, clouds etc. I use Evernote on my iPhone (free standalone note app), and put the data that I've posted on my blog as a Favorite so it's available even out of cell range:

Timelapse shooting chart | Soul Fabric Films

Hope that helps.

Zac

Excellent, Zachary -- this is extremely helpful! Many thanks for sharing.

Doug Jensen July 10th, 2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Amana (Post 1169820)
Hi.
It's a great app but would also like it as an installable program.

So would I, but I have no way of creating an iPhone app. If someone else wants to do it, I'd be more than happy put a link on our page.

Carroll Lam September 19th, 2009 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug Jensen (Post 1170175)
So would I, but I have no way of creating an iPhone app. If someone else wants to do it, I'd be more than happy put a link on our page.

Here it is, Doug: iTunes Store

8-)

Carroll Lam

Doug Jensen September 19th, 2009 10:56 AM

Carroll, it looks great!! Congratulations on pulling it off. I knew you were working on it, but I didn't expect it to be finished so soon.

Unfortunately, I won't get an iPhone until Verizon offers them, but I look forward to using the Timelapse app myself someday. I'll update the page on my website with the new link within the next few days.
Good job.

Phil Hanna September 19th, 2009 11:27 AM

Just but the TimeLapse Calculator

I will give it a try. Looks like a neat tool.
Thanks,

Phil Hanna

Zachary Fink September 21st, 2009 08:58 AM

Excellent

Thanks Carroll - Just bought it and it looks fantastic and easy to use. Glad to add it to my bag of iPhone tools.

Shaun R Walker September 30th, 2009 07:42 AM

Does anyone know of any other iPhone apps that are specific to EX1/3?

John Godwin September 30th, 2009 07:56 AM

Not EX specific, but there's one called "Slate" that's exactly what it says it is, and it's sometimes useful.

Nathan Hudson October 1st, 2009 04:41 PM

Toy Slate is a Free Program to do Slating. Pretty slick. I just wish there was one without timecode displayed. I just need the information of takes and so on. Oh well, this works.