DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/)
-   -   New Short done with EX1 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-pro-handhelds/239161-new-short-done-ex1.html)

Mark OConnell July 16th, 2009 05:42 PM

New Short done with EX1

Just finished a short piece for WashingtonFilmWorks, shot entirely with the EX1, stock, no adaptors or attachments. Hope some of you enjoy it. It's on Vimeo here:

WashingtonFilmWorks Short on Vimeo

Barry J. Weckesser July 16th, 2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark OConnell (Post 1172692)
Just finished a short piece for WashingtonFilmWorks, shot entirely with the EX1, stock, no adaptors or attachments. Hope some of you enjoy it. It's on Vimeo here:

WashingtonFilmWorks Short on Vimeo

Mark - beautiful job - you have really captured the essence of that area of the country - very well put together.

Brian Barkley July 17th, 2009 07:18 AM

Mark, was all of this footage really shot with the EX-1?

I am extremely impressed . . .

You should consider selling it to a stock footage library, like IStockPhoto.com, or some other stock footage libraries.

Dave Tyrer July 17th, 2009 07:28 AM

Excellent...it's great to see what these cameras can do in the right hands!

Max Allen July 17th, 2009 11:31 AM

Thanks for not shooting it with a 35mm adapter! Everything looks nice and sharp with great depth of field. Looks good. It's nice to see what the camera can do when you don't put so many more levels of glass in front of it.

Mark OConnell July 17th, 2009 12:06 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys. Appreciated. Brian, yes, it was all from the EX1, shot over the past year and most of it is up as stock already at pond5, there's a link from my site.

Danny Dale July 18th, 2009 08:05 AM

this looks great... nice job!

Andy Wilkinson July 19th, 2009 11:25 AM

Let me add yet another "thumbs up" - a great short! Well done.

Johannes Meyer July 21st, 2009 04:06 AM

very nice shots and I really loved the timelapses.

maybe you want to check out my latest short film:
Natural Movements By Johannes Meyer On ExposureRoom

no adapter used, no CG, just shot macros and DoF.

hope you like it

Vincent Oliver July 21st, 2009 04:43 AM

I too have a set of curtains like those featured. Never thought about filming them or my old mug of tea.

Nice lighting all the same.

John Peterson July 21st, 2009 06:59 AM

Very nice Mark. Was this shot at 1080i or 1080p?

John

Mark OConnell July 22nd, 2009 09:14 PM

Curtains? I don't know about curtains Vincent but if you want to film your old tea mug I'll gladly have a look.

1080p John, I don't do anything interlaced anymore.

Mark OConnell August 6th, 2009 06:37 PM

Oh.... the curtains in Johannes' video, I see now. I thought you were making a joke or something.

Mitchell Lewis August 6th, 2009 08:50 PM

As a fellow Washingtonian. Great job Mark! There's a lot of time and effort capturing all those images. Well done!

(unfortunately we live on the desert side of the state, but it has some beauty as well)

Mark OConnell August 6th, 2009 09:08 PM

Thank you Mitchell. I love the east side actually, nothing unfortunate about it. Especially the road from Grand Coulee down to Soap Lake; and the Palouse, which I've just recently discovered. Really a special place.