Combining Incomplete Files on EX3 SXS Card to Card Records??? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 19th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Combining Incomplete Files on EX3 SXS Card to Card Records???

Not my best subject line...lmao..sorry

Hello everyone. 2 part question. I recently recorded an Event on my EX3. The record went long and went onto the 2nd sxs 32 gig card. When i went to import them through XDCAM Transfer card by card .... certain files were incomplete which i guess were on the 2nd card. How do i take each set of incomplete files and combine them and then import them through xdcam transfer with the .mov wrapper on them for FCP?

any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks

Shawn
Shawn Dooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2009, 03:06 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Shawn

Using Clip Browser, copy the first card to a folder of your choice. Then use it to copy the second card to the same folder. Clip Browser will automatically merge the parts to leave you with just one combined clip in that folder. Then use XDCAM Transfer to pick up the clip from that folder and import it to FCP.
Nick Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2009, 03:18 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Ok Great thanks I will give that a try.

appreciate the help.

Shawn
Shawn Dooling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds