Sony Vegas: EX3 Time Lapse Error at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 20th, 2009, 12:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony Vegas: EX3 Time Lapse Error

Tonight i did an interval recording.

The recorded clip plays back fine both in the camera and in the Sony Clip Browser software but it will not export as an mxf file from the clip browser.

I just get an error message saying "Conversion Error Occurred. Conversion Aborted." followed by "Condition Failure- assertion failure: achievable padded length"

I am using Sony vegas 7.0 but read about the same problem on another forum whereby a user was using Sony Vegas 8.0c

his post wasn't answered so maybe we can crack this one here ! :)
Chris Amana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2009, 10:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

still don't know what to do....

I've managed to transfer the file in native .MP4 (using XD CAM EX Clip browser which came with my EX3) but cannot edit it :(

another error i get when trying to convert using Clip Browser is ;

... Condition Failure - SMI File Invalid: DMTK0375_01.SMI- Details: Error in Smi content (unknown attribute: xmlns) @ 23002:154

crazy !
Chris Amana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2009, 11:43 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Have you tried using Clip Browser to mark in and an out points and then using the export new clip using in/out selection to export part of the clip? Sometimes just trimming a few frames of the end of the clip can help resolve some errors.

How long is the clip, is it a split clip? If the clip is more than 9 mins long you may have problems as it will be larger than 4Gb. If this is the case split it into smaller chunks using in/out points and exporting as a new clip.

Also make sure you are using the latest version of clip browser. You should be on version 2.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds