How do YOU use meta data tags? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 21st, 2009, 01:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How do YOU use meta data tags?

Just curious how other XDCAM-EX users specifically make use of the various meta-data tags like Title 1, Title 2, Creator, Description?

In your workflow, what are some examples for the data you put in these fields?

One thing that would be handy (and perhaps I've overlooked) is the ability to edit multiple clips at once and inserting a meta-data tag (eg. Title 1 = "Shoot Day 1").

And finally, how do you use the Status tag (and what's the distinction between OK and Keep?)
Steve Gibbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 03:28 PM   #2
Major Player

disapointed

I entered clip names for all my clips prior to editing with Adobe Premiere CS4. Premiere would not recognize the names in their browser. Big disapointment looking at 50 clips all with a bunch of meaningless numbers.
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:15 AM   #3
Major Player

Title 1 - Project initials and a sequential shot number, then a sequence description and shot number. Eg, 'AB0123 Beinn Airein 08'
Title 2 - not used
Creator - not used
Description - more detailed shot description, comparison with other shots (eg 'best', 'XX0124 is better'), what audio is on each channel

I use OK for shots I am fairly sure I am going to use, and Keep for those that are usable but I do not think I am going to need.

Cheers, Nick
Nick Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2009, 03:38 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gibbons View Post
One thing that would be handy (and perhaps I've overlooked) is the ability to edit multiple clips at once and inserting a meta-data tag (eg. Title 1 = "Shoot Day 1").
Hope this is helpful:

Batch naming clips in XDCAM Transfer on Vimeo

I've been promising to update this AND the downconvert stuff, but it's been (continues to be) a busy summer...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds