Simple utility for non-destructively trimming clips? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 26th, 2009, 03:30 AM   #1
Major Player

Simple utility for non-destructively trimming clips?

Does anyone know of any good tools for non-destructively editing the mp4 files? I generally record long clips and trim them in post to the good stuff, but can't find a great way to do that right now. Can vegas do an MXF output without re-encoding? Is there any super simple editor that I could run on a laptop to do the split by proxy?

Thanks in advance!
Jad Meouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 09:26 AM   #2
Trustee

Vegas can output MXF.
Also, using clip browser you can select in and out points and import that as a new clip, then just rewrap that.
For example, if you had a long wedding ceremony but wanted just the bride coming up the isle then you can select just that part of the long clip, you'll get a new short clip then as well, then you can just export or rewrap that small clip.

Paul.
Old August 30th, 2009, 11:46 PM   #3
Major Player

Just used the XDCAM explorer for the first time and it is exactly what I was looking for, thanks for the tip. And it plays back on my netbook!?! Amazing!
Jad Meouchy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds